• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tsb 10-2-3 gt500 loss of rpm

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
FORD 2007-2009 Mustang

ISSUE
Some 2007-2009 Mustang GT500 vehicles equipped with a 5.4L engine may exhibit hesitation, loss of RPM and low idle RPM driveability concerns. Some 2007 Mustang GT500 vehicles equipped with a 5.4L engine may exhibit cold start concerns at high altitude with ambient temperatures of 20 to 35°F (-7 to 2 °C).

ACTION
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to
the latest calibration using IDS release 64.10 and
higher or 65.01 and higher. This new calibration is
not included in the VCM 2010.1 DVD. Calibration
files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

Maverick

Hey E- god job on this man - Could you get with Star about this, I think that your knowledge could be needed.

StarAngel

I would love to find out if this could be the issue that I'm having with mine! I realize that those are different years. But I would like to know if it's an engine problem or computer problem.

Drew has checked it but didn't notice a hesitation, as Rob and I have while driving at different speeds.

I will say that it hesitated while leaving MBTB, it jerked forward at a low speed. Scared me cause there was a car in front.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I would love to find out if this could be the issue that I'm having with mine! I realize that those are different years. But I would like to know if it's an engine problem or computer problem.

Drew has checked it but didn't notice a hesitation, as Rob and I have while driving at different speeds.

I will say that it hesitated while leaving MBTB, it jerked forward at a low speed. Scared me cause there was a car in front.

researching it

Maverick

Thanks E - I do appecaite the help brother. Some of it was told to us that it could be Traction Control on. but its a weird 1-2 sec hesitation/stall that happens and then all go after that but using it happens when launch or trying to go thru a gear shift with high RPMs