• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Angelwings Tech Extreme Speed Pony Car Track Day Series

Boltvette

Spring Mountain finally posted the lap times from the second Series event on mylaps.com, so I've been able to update the Series standings.

The bad news for Stang owners is that Camaro SS guy Travis Adams has won the modified Pony Car division at both Series events held to date. The good news is that he deploys on Monday and won't be back until the fall. So he will miss at least the next two events. The stock and supermodified divisions remain wide open.

If you have not attended a Series event, it's not too late. The overall championship is based upon your top five finishes and there are six events remaining on the calendar. Or join us for an event or two (or three) and just take advantage of the group rate discounts we offer.

The next event of the Series is at Buttonwillow Raceway near Bakersfield on June 2nd and 3rd. The cost is just $120 for one day or $210 for both, including a transponder. I'll have registration and hotel info posted soon. Or send an email to craig@angelwingstech.com and I'll add you to my list.

Boltvette

I have the registration info for the next event of the Angelwings Tech Extreme Speed Track Day Series, which takes place on Sat. June 2nd and Sun. June 3rd at Buttonwillow Raceway near Bakersfield. That's less than 4 weeks away, so don't delay. Space is limited!

We have a special rate for both days, but your best lap time for only one day will count toward the points championship. So if you can make it for only one day, you are not at a disadvantage. If you are planning on attending both days, you must tell me prior to June 2nd which day you are choosing for your lap times to count. As we found out at Spring Mountain, the wind and weather can have a big effect, so your best times might not be on the second day.

If you have not attended a Series event, it's not too late to compete for the division championships. Only the points from your best 5 finishes count toward your championship total and 6 events remain on the calendar. Or just take advantage of the great group discounts we offer and join us for a few events.

The cost for each day is cheaper than I published previously - just $100, including the transponder. That's a savings of $30 per day!

I will be staying Friday and Sat. nights at the SpringHill Suites Bakersfield. Their AAA room rate including taxes is about $99/night. It includes a free breakfast and a refrigerator in your room. The track is about 30 min. away.

Send an email to craig@angelwingstech.com for the registration and hotel info.

I've never been to Buttonwillow, but I hear that it is a very fun track. I believe we will be running layout 13 CW, so check out those you tube vids!

Craig

Boltvette

While some of us prepare for Buttonwillow this weekend, there is news regarding the next event of the Angelwings Tech Extreme Speed Pony Car Track Day Series.

We've scheduled two events back-to-back: Willow Springs (big track) on Sat. Aug. 11 and Streets of Willow on Sun. Aug. 12. But we've been informed by Extreme Speed Track Events (the event organizer) that the Aug. 11 date has been canceled. It's disappointing, because I thought it would be a great chance to get in a lot of track time without doing a lot of travelling.

I have an alternate plan. Another organizer, Shift-Sector has offered us our own run group at Streets of Willow on that Saturday, Aug. 11. To make it worthwhile, I need to get a commitment from at least 12 participants. The cost will range between $90 and $150, depending upon how many participate. We can run as many as 20 in the group.

The Sunday, Aug. 12 event will be at Streets as planned. BOTH DAYS WILL COUNT TOWARD THE SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP. So in one weekend, you can pick up as many as 20 points in your division. The leader in the Modified division has 20 points, but is out of the country until the fall. The Stock and Supermodified divisions are wide open. Streets of Willow doesn't have the high speeds of the big track, but it is great fun and a good track for first-timers.

If you are interested in joining us for the Saturday, Aug. 11 track day, I need to hear from you ASAP!! Yes, I realize it's over 2 months away, but to get the run group, I need to be making the deal very soon. I'm expecting to get several Camaro owners to this event. Who will be representing the Stangs?

Craig

Spring Mountain finally posted the lap times from the second Series event on mylaps.com, so I've been able to update the Series standings.

The bad news for Stang owners is that Camaro SS guy Travis Adams has won the modified Pony Car division at both Series events held to date. The good news is that he deploys on Monday and won't be back until the fall. So he will miss at least the next two events. The stock and supermodified divisions remain wide open.

If you have not attended a Series event, it's not too late. The overall championship is based upon your top five finishes and there are six events remaining on the calendar. Or join us for an event or two (or three) and just take advantage of the group rate discounts we offer.

The next event of the Series is at Buttonwillow Raceway near Bakersfield on June 2nd and 3rd. The cost is just $120 for one day or $210 for both, including a transponder. I'll have registration and hotel info posted soon. Or send an email to craig@angelwingstech.com and I'll add you to my list.

He is only holding it down because I am not there and available to run. I wanna get back to Cali so bad!! Time better speed up.

Boltvette

We're taking a bit of a break until the temps drop a bit. Our next Series event is Oct. 7 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. $190 gets you a day of track time with a transponder AND garage space. That's a savings of $40! If we get 9 or more participants, the cost drops to just $170! I'll post the registration details as soon as they are available.

Travis still leads the Modified Pony Car Class in his Camaro SS. Who is going to challenge him? The Stock and Super-modified classes are still wide open.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
That sounds really cool, I might try and make that one. What is the last day to register for the Oct 7th race?

Boltvette

That sounds really cool, I might try and make that one. What is the last day to register for the Oct 7th race?

I don't have the registration info yet, but I'll pass it on to you as soon as it is available. The ACS "roval" course is very fast and very hard on brakes. I describe it as several straights connected by a few turns.