• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

lowering my car

northerncountry

x2 on what Subz said and yes the suspension is a good start but Like I said it would be a better ride quality if you got the shocks and did them at the same time it prevents rework

Frye011

Donator
Well if I wait for the suspension till after afghan.. Would it be smart to put gears in now? And I'm sorry for being annoying lol

Frye011

Donator
Cool... I'm excited about the gears it's spossed to make automatics crazy off the line.. Will I need a tune for them?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I had 4.30s in mine before the supercharger and it was FUN!!!!! No, you will not need a tune with the gear but you will need to adjust your speedo and you can do that with a handheld tuner.

Frye011

Donator
Awesome I have one of those... I'm got the gears and I'm buying the Bearing kit and some gear oil and I should be good right?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Awesome I have one of those... I'm got the gears and I'm buying the Bearing kit and some gear oil and I should be good right?

Get 4 bottles of the gear oil and 1 bottle of the friction inhibitor. Its a little 5oz bottle and you can get it at any Ford dealers.

Frye011

Donator
so something weird happend today....i had a check enginelight and i checked it out and it said my engine was running to lean. so i cleared the dtc and reloaded the tune and it was fine? whats up with that?

northerncountry

There are many sensors. i would first clean your cai and see if you maf got some of the oil on it this can sometimes gum it up and get false readings on the A/F that is my first suggestion you do.

Frye011

Donator
Can I just spray it down with water or is there a certain solution for it? Cause it does need to be clean lol bad

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Can I just spray it down with water or is there a certain solution for it? Cause it does need to be clean lol bad

Take the filter out before you clean it with water, do not spray water in to the engine bay unless you cover up all of the openings. You will have a bad result if you don't. I recommend you use a CAI filter cleaning solution, it will be much better for it.

Frye011

Donator
Just went out and bought some... I knew there was a solution but I didn't k ow of it mattered.... Does it usually take a full day to dry?

Frye011

Donator
o ok so not to long huh? thats good. yea cause i havent cleaned it since i got it lol. i just kept forgetting my bad lol