• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need some help getting my car on the road.

Soliz53

Donator
Well it’s been awhile since I posted. Well ive been overseas for the past 6months and im should be coming home in a month or so..Anyway here is my problem I need to get my car working before I get home or shortly after I get home or else I have to sell it. My request is if there is anyone who knows of a shop or someone that can pick it up and fix it. If anyone is interested just shoot me an email esuebio.soliz@mcm12.navy.mil. Ill email you the info on what is wrong with it and we can work out a price.
But for those of you who remember I had problems with this car since before I left back in Jan. well its still not staying running even after i did all the stuff you guys recommended on here. It’s a 2.3L 1990 fox. Any help would be appreciated thanks

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Damn sounds to me like a head or something after reading the discription with it loosing power ect. Does it run enough for womone to get it to a hobby shop ot to the base to have them check it out?

If you sell I wouldnt mind getting it from you. I would do like Tommy said in the thread and do a 5.0 conversion.

Soliz53

Donator
yeath i plan to just get it running for now so i dont have to get rid of it and do the change over later on. As for it running right now that would be a no it wont stay on on its own it did at first but soon after it just wont. thanks tho

M

Mustangcwo

Soliz, I'll assist in tearing the head off and taking a look. If it is the head gasket, then we should have it fixed quickly. Another option is to have Greg at RPMM take a look at the car. He has a banner on the sponsor list and has provided outstanding guidance and prices to the entire club. We, the club, will get the car to RPMM if you choose to go that route. I would drop him a line in his section and ask for a diagnostics price.

Ford1288

Donator
All of us are willing to help bud. Like Todd said, drop Greg a line and let WS know what you need.

Stangguy

Hey Soliz,

If you'd like to bring it by our shop we will check it out for you. A lot of times it can be the simplest thing causing these horrible running conditions. Diagnostics usually run $45-90 depending on what's going on, but as always we take care of the WS community :)
Let me know.
Greg

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Hey Soliz,

If you'd like to bring it by our shop we will check it out for you. A lot of times it can be the simplest thing causing these horrible running conditions. Diagnostics usually run $45-90 depending on what's going on, but as always we take care of the WS community :)
Let me know.
Greg

Greg, that's why you guys are the best. Not too many shops will go out of their way to help somebody.

M

Mustangcwo

Hey Soliz,

Let me know.
Greg

Let us know if the price is good for you and we'll get someone with AAA to have it towed up to the shop.

Soliz53

Donator
yeath that price sounds great. When could you guys get someone to have it towed? just let me know so i could have my wife get the car out of the garage and ready to go. thanks again

Stangguy

There are a lot of guys here that have unlimited towing w/ AAA. So whenever your ready to bring it down it's cool. We got room to bring it in and we can check it out for you!

Soliz53

Donator
thanks ill see if someone can go and pick it up for me i have my wife getting it ready for pick up. thanks again guys

Soliz53

Donator
well as soon as i get home next week im going to take my car up to RPMM...cant wait to get my stang back on the road so i can start adding stuff to it....turbo here i come lol.