• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to Wicked Stangs! Hello!

Un©ommon

It's so awesome how active this site is, not to mention the club here in the San Diego area. I can't wait to get out and meet people. You can bet I'll be asking for a ton of advice as I move through the modification of my 5.0!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
It's so awesome how active this site is, not to mention the club here in the San Diego area. I can't wait to get out and meet people. You can bet I'll be asking for a ton of advice as I move through the modification of my 5.0!

That's what we're here for. Ask away.

Ford1288

Donator
Oh man nice looking Fox. What springs are on it? Looks alot lower in the front than the back. Where are you stationed? You should try and make it out to the barbecue Sunday morning and meet everyone.

Un©ommon

Honestly i don't know what springs are upfront. The previous owner never told me and I have yet to look. they are red though. That probably holds no meaning. I do know that it rubs like crazy when I turn sharp though. Need to resolve that because it scares me. I'm stationed on the USS Gary. I really want to try to come Sunday but I may have other plans.

Ford1288

Donator
It rubs because of your tire size up front, foxes cant take the wider rims. Not too big a deal. So you havent had the car long?

Un©ommon

Only about a month. It took me about 3 months to buy it though. I went and checked it out a few times and drove it then I waited and thought about it. I asked a bunch of people what they thought and eventually decided I wanted it. I was looking at every fox I could find on craigslist and autotrader but none of them were what I wanted.

Un©ommon

You bet, and it wont be my last. I also own an SRT 4 which is nowhere close to how awesome this car is.

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?
Welcome! I hope you like your stay.
I own a BuLLITT '08.
Hope to meet you in person. Haaaaave funnnn!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
UNCommon< The springs you have on there are Eibach sportlines. I had them on my Fox. Mine had 17 inch Cobra "R"S just like yours. I am not sure on front tires size but they where at least a 265 the rear
I had M/T Drag Radials and they where between a 285 and 315 I cant remember the actual size. I think the reason your rubbing is one of two things. One would be you have the Eibachs in front and stock springs in back. Two
is maybe your front struts are worn out. I replaced mine with KYB's. I hope this helps. Its just my opinion with out looking at the car. Its def a nice car man. I love them foxes. Its a good thing I am a second class instead of a officer
I have the new 5.0 and old 5.0 fox t-top car, a early bronco, a big garage, ect ect... Very nice car man. I will post a pic or link so you can see how my fox sat. with the Eibachs.

blackstallion06

Donator
my fox

90 fox/ 06 stock

Attachments

• 1138290569-mustang2.jpg
    1138290569-mustang2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 119
  • 1162720565-DSC00110.jpg
    1162720565-DSC00110.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 127

Un©ommon

Man, that is a beautiful color.

So how would I know if the front struts are bad? The car sits level and the ride quality feels OK. I'm probably going to revamp the suspension anyway. I don't even know where to start though. My plan right now is to get the paint fixed and put new tires on it. Might as well have slicks on there right now considering my tires have very minimal tread. Tires are so expensive though and I need new uniforms =X

Ford1288

Donator
Phil, not doubting your wisdom, but its just a known thing that wider front tires on a fox rub. On my new 5.0 it has 17x9s with 245s and they rub and I have a complete front and rear suspension.

Un©ommon

I would like to eliminate the rubbing but I want to keep the wheels the size they are. The rear is fine it's just the front that needs work. I'll be looking at it after I get new tires and a place to work on it a little. No base stickers yet so I can't go to the hobby shop =[

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I would like to eliminate the rubbing but I want to keep the wheels the size they are. The rear is fine it's just the front that needs work. I'll be looking at it after I get new tires and a place to work on it a little. No base stickers yet so I can't go to the hobby shop =[

Get a temp pass or a one day pass, can you do that or is it a insurance or registration thing?

blackstallion06

Donator
1288 I know mine where wider that a 245. Look at the pics you can see i had no clearance between tire and fender. I had new springs
and new shocks and struts. I never had any issues.

northerncountry

Very Good lookin Fox I am sure that with the weath of knowledge in this club we can get this delt with in a hurry. Oh and Welcome to WickedStangs!!

Un©ommon

Get a temp pass or a one day pass, can you do that or is it a insurance or registration thing?

Registration thing. Some times they give me passes, other times they don't. It just depends on who is working that day I guess.

Very Good lookin Fox I am sure that with the weath of knowledge in this club we can get this delt with in a hurry. Oh and Welcome to WickedStangs!!

Thanks