• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Sep 18, 2011] Mustangs at the Queen Mary 15 (Long Beach, CA)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
What is the thing they are suggesting if you come up the night before? Do you get to park early?

If you are interested in joining their party, yes, they will park you in your spot the day before. They will have security watching the cars there that night.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I emailed BCMC when we will get our speedpass. They said they will be getting it out in the mail either Friday or over the weekend.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
So the plan will be to meet at Bennigan's at 5:30 and leave at 6am promptly. This should get us there by around 7:30am.

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
Danny, I am going to try and meet you there. There is a chance I might be delayed. If I am not there by 6AM, just go ahead and take off and I will see you all up there!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Bennigan's Grill & Tavern
1760 Camino Del Rio N
San Diego, CA 92108
TIME 5:30AM Rollout 6:00AM

TRAFFIC SNAGS
710 FREEWAY: Is impacted between the Atlantic/Bandini and the105 Freeway. It is NOT closed, but will be down to a couple lanes during the time you are coming to the show. Plan accordingly.

DOWNTOWN LONG BEACH: Ok, all you locals and PCH cruisers from the North.... There are several early AM closures all over downtown Long Beach because of the Triathlon. You will likely be blocked (and we mean blocked hard) if you try to access the Queen Mary through downtown.
We HIGHLY suggest you find your way to the 405 or 710 Freeways, and come in taking the 710, following the Queen Mary signs. Take a parking ticket once you get there....

Long Beach Triathlon:We've had our show alongside the LB Triathlon for years. Most years have been plagued with issues. Over the past year, we've created a great relationship with new Triathlon management. We expect a smooth ingress, alongside the bicyclists. Please proceed with caution when coming to the end of the 710 freeway, and driving through the Queen Mary parking lot on your way to the show area.

SUNDAY CHECK IN PROCESS
Check this out. You have a FASTPASS. That card is like gold. Show it, and you are given the VIP Treatment! You will not have to stop, check in, show ID, or show your National ID Card. You will be shown directly to your parking space. There, you'll be welcomed with a spot with your name on it (literally). If you are on the grass, take the wooden stake and welcome sign up to the Club/Registration Booth and get your Registration Packet. If you are in the parking lot, take the card taped to the ground and do the same.

Please bring your Registration Packet to the mandatory Driver's Meeting (Scheduled for 9:15am, but listen for announcements!) We'll have some important info to share with you, and you'll have a chance to have all your questions or issues addressed. Note: This is the time to let us know if there is a problem - not on the Internet after the show. :)

After the Driver's Meeting, you'll fill out your window card and start voting soon after. Hint: Bring a Sharpie to fill out the info on your window card. Also, do not place your name or club name on the card, the car or any of that nonsense. At our show, we vote on the VEHICLES! Remove all name/club identifying magnets, flags, and other "vote for me" stuff. EXCEPTION: If you roll with a club sticker all the time, that is considered "club pride", and good for you. Leave it on your car and keep on rockin' the Mustang hobby!

If you like to have a signboard with your car, that is fine. Please just make sure when it falls over, it only hits your car and not the one next to you. Also, bring some Post It notes to cover names of owners and clubs. You can uncover it, and show off your other day of show club pride items after voting is finished, deal?

Welcome to the fairest judged show! We'll cover everything else at the Driver's Meeting.