• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MMR ftw!!!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
If you have this ordered why not crank up the boost a little more and get a real tune that gives you more then 10 F*cking degrees of timing and go for broke!

Lordgufi

actually probably more. around 550 for cams, 300 or so for valves ( or just use the trick flows, i dunno if they come with manley valves or not ), 2k for the heads, 200-250 for springs, at least 750-1000 for a port and polish+ flowbench testing.

02gt

i dont want to spend more on a tune that is gonna be used down the road anyways...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
do you want to donate to my cause??? Didn't think so. that is a min. of 3500 on heads and cams when all said and done.

There is no rush! Your car is running fine right now. Be patient and get the TFS heads. It will make the difference between yours and everyone elses! Everyone will wonder why your car runs so much faster than theirs with the same mods with the exception of the heads.

Alot of folks questioned my cam swap and it knocked .3 tenths off and gained 7mph. The heads will have that same kind of impact!!!

02gt

i agree but **** it, im gonna get an intercooler now and run the meth with it make a bunch more power that way...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
i agree but **** it, im gonna get an intercooler now and run the meth with it make a bunch more power that way...

Lets run the intercooler into the passenger compartment where we will have the air pass through an ice chest. :)

Lordgufi

the meth wont hurt but with just the IC you wont need it. its gonna drop your temps from around 200 to around 120 Easy. my Fmic on my talon dropped the temps from 245 to 95 degree's ( i was running a 3x32x16 Fmic ) HUGE

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
the meth wont hurt but with just the IC you wont need it. its gonna drop your temps from around 200 to around 120 Easy. my Fmic on my talon dropped the temps from 245 to 95 degree's ( i was running a 3x32x16 Fmic ) HUGE

It's also probably safer to run the intercooler. I've heard of those meth lines bursting and then the engine going boom because of the extra timing without the flow of meth.

02gt

the meth can only cool the air so much, i want to run both so i can run street and strip deal, turn up the timming when the meth is activated and it also is like running a higher octane fuel...

Lordgufi

why **** around with it =) hit the track with e-85 man get two tunes one for 91 and another for e-85.
e-85 is estimated around 106 octane. because its "not a petrol fuel" the oct rating is Estimated

there are 3 gas stations around SD that sell e-85

02gt

why **** around with it =) hit the track with e-85 man get two tunes one for 91 and another for e-85.
e-85 is estimated around 106 octane. because its "not a petrol fuel" the oct rating is Estimated

there are 3 gas stations around SD that sell e-85

i ahve been curiouse about e 85, is there a conversion kit for that or is it just the tune?

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I think that I heard that you have to upgrade your fuel lines, because it will eventually eat through the stock ones or something like that. Just going off the top of my head though. I will do some research and get back to you on that.

Lordgufi

to run e-85 there is no conversion. its just a tune and requires 20% more fuel for the same rating. hence why you would need a tune OR 20% larger injectors =)

if i wanted to run e-85 in my car i would just toss in 24 lb injectors and reduce the fuel % around 4-6%

Lordgufi

e-85 wont. methanol will. methanol is corrosive to i think alum/copper/ and a couple other metals.