• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MMR ftw!!!

02gt

Heads are probably the most important aspect for any engine, but it's up to you. I would just say to make sure you get paperwork to insure the heads are legit. Find out the exact numbers on everything before you but. A little shaving can bump compression quite a bit. You are already at 9.4:1, so you may end up having to use a larger blower pulley to decrease boost in order to stay on pump gas.

That is just an example, but get paperwork and find out exactly what they have done before you buy!

i have already told him to produce the paper work relating to the porting and all of the work that was done, i even asked for the number of the shop that he did it at, so far he hasn't come up with anything but i only have been talking to him since last night. So i will give him a little time to do it. seems like good deal with all that is included with the heads....

Mach1Marauder

i have thought about them very hard and i frankley i dont know if i could bring my self to spend 2000 on them, they are undoubtly the sh it, but i could get a stage 3 port on a set of stock heads for 750 from MMR which will flow 225 CFM not as good but oh well, but boost will fix that **** real quick...

I looked at the TrickFlow Twisted Wedge heads at SEMA. I'm a 4V guy, but those as cast heads were bad ass! As cast, they will flow better than the nastiest ported stock and with the twisted wedge design, they will tolerate a fair bit more timing.

SOmething to look into.

02gt

ok so i called to confirm the pick up for tomorrow, the tech that signs off on the engine noticed the engine had the i beams, i ordered h beams which are stronger, so....they had to disassemble the engine and put the right rods in, they told me to call them tomorrow and see if they came through...well see though....

Ford1288

Donator
Man that took them forever and they kinda dicked you around about when this thing is gonna be done

02gt

yeah a little bit, but im no rush to get it anyways, i need the other stuff for the build to get it all together...

02gt

i just got the iceing on the cake, new trick flow twisted wedge heads from summit, there gonna be shipped first week of december woot woot

Daniboy1983

You'll be killin just about everything. With those heads and that short block you should be able to really turn up the boost and have some fun. Now you will get the opportunity to break your tranny.

02gt

Then the cast crank is going to split in half and hopefully not ruin all the rest of the parts. :(

no im not going to blast the engine to the moon, the regular MMR 600 is rated to the wheels and i have upgraded rods, im not looking for 700 let alone 600 hp with the little ass s trim, i think it could make close to 600 with the s trim though...

02gt

here ya go ladies read it and weep....
102_1132.jpg

102_1134.jpg

102_1136.jpg

the guys up at MMR are cool as hell and would recommend them any day, they had quite a small shop considering there one of the biggest names around, but great things come in small packages right? 18cc probe forged pistons, manley 4340 forged h beam connecting rods, ford racing cast iron crank shaft, fly cut pistons, MMR windage tray, MMR 7 quart oil pan, alex, the the engine tech told me that this set up with the manley rods will hold 800 hp, and that is more then i need so overall the wait was worth it....

02gt

this actualy has a fitting on it so i can hook up my blower oil return line thats pretty much why i got it....