• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My front susp build list

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
If u read the notes it sais and i quote "
Designed for road racing. These control arms must be used with coil-overs, spring cups are not included".
they look like they would take a spring but it said different

Call AJE and tell them Wicked Stangs sent you. You may get a better deal and better info

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
aje-mu5001.jpg
If u read the notes it sais and i quote "
Designed for road racing. These control arms must be used with coil-overs, spring cups are not included".
they look like they would take a spring but it said different
My Bad; I should have listed the MU-5001 with spring cups: http://www.ajeracing.com/mustang.php

Or you can purchase them from late model restoration; they have a better picture: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...d-Steel-Tubular-Control-Arms-With-Spring-Cups

I would listen to Emilio on this one. Call AJE and tell them you're from WickedStangs and ask for a club discount. That will be your best bet at a great price.

By the way, I will be ordering a set for my car soon!!!

Still the HERO!!!! :byebye:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Why are you going to run an AJE k member with UPR arms? Why not use the arms that were intended for the K member you are buying? I hope you have a machinist who can turn some bushings for you if you mismatch the parts.

AJE makes a arms that have spring perches for people who don't want coil overs. I imagine since AJE is a sponsor here that you would get a discount on the parts, so not sure you why you want the upr arms anyway. Maybe because they are pretty silver? Either way you go get a k member and a arms from the same company since you are not going to be fabricating parts to make them work.

I've had Team Z and AJE tubular K members and both have come with new bolts. If you buy the AJE don't forget that the motor mounts are separate.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
If I buy coilovers what spring rating do i want to get? 200? is higher better all around or lower like 150?

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Why are you going to run an AJE k member with UPR arms? Why not use the arms that were intended for the K member you are buying? I hope you have a machinist who can turn some bushings for you if you mismatch the parts.

AJE makes a arms that have spring perches for people who don't want coil overs. I imagine since AJE is a sponsor here that you would get a discount on the parts, so not sure you why you want the upr arms anyway. Maybe because they are pretty silver? Either way you go get a k member and a arms from the same company since you are not going to be fabricating parts to make them work.

I've had Team Z and AJE tubular K members and both have come with new bolts. If you buy the AJE don't forget that the motor mounts are separate.

what do u mean by the motor mounts are separate?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
what do u mean by the motor mounts are separate?

I'm saying if you wanted to purchase solid motor mounts from AJE they do not come with the K member. You could use your stock ones though. Not sure what your goals are for the car, but 150lb springs are for a lightened drag car. They won't do well on the street. You can't have the best of both worlds.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
I'm saying if you wanted to purchase solid motor mounts from AJE they do not come with the K member. You could use your stock ones though. Not sure what your goals are for the car, but 150lb springs are for a lightened drag car. They won't do well on the street. You can't have the best of both worlds.
i already planned on buying solid motor mounts from maximum motorsports.
ill probably go with a higher rating spring. not a hard core drag racer.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Actually I just had a brain fart. The reason why I said that the mounts are different is because the AJE k member will only allow the use of their mounts. Their k members are universal, but you have to specify what mounts you want, be it 4.6, 5.0 etc.

Again all of this could be confirmed with a simple phone call to AJE. Not sure why you have such a hard on over getting 30 different companies involved for your front suspension. Pick one company and buy a kit. It will be cheaper and it will fit!

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Actually I just had a brain fart. The reason why I said that the mounts are different is because the AJE k member will only allow the use of their mounts. Their k members are universal, but you have to specify what mounts you want, be it 4.6, 5.0 etc.

Again all of this could be confirmed with a simple phone call to AJE. Not sure why you have such a hard on over getting 30 different companies involved for your front suspension. Pick one company and buy a kit. It will be cheaper and it will fit!

Im going to call aje up with the time comes and probably just order there front end k member kit with a arms and coil overs for 799. just doing my research and for some reason i thought u couldn't use the aje a arms with the stock brake system. i haven't found anything online that sais i cant.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
new set up is complete. anyone have any suggestions please let me know what i could do to make this better but also cost effective please speak. thanks
AJE K member
AJE A arms
AJE coil over kit
AJE solid motor mounts
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Steeda sway bar
new oil pan gasket x2
Canton Louver Windage tray

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I guess you missed the part where I said if you are using an AJE K member you have to use AJE MOTOR MOUNTS.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
i just looked up and they do and i see u already mentioned it about the mounts aswell. thanks for the help orange.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
so if i can become a cheap ass this month i should be able to buy my suspension by the end of the month :)