• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NEW HOOD-The 4 P's

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Again................WOW

Nice dog.......pure bred?

Gib

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Thanks guys.

Also wanted to point out that although it's not necessary, the POLYMER SEALANT is a good idea. It's also rather pricey. That little bottle is $20 as opposed to the polishes that range from $8 to $12.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Hood received a coat of Meguiar's Polymer Sealant today. I shot a short walkaround video trying to capture its shineyness but the YouTube quality is rather lacking.

Next comes decal stripes that match the existing stripes on the rest of the car.

IM008969b.jpg

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Other than the test fit BEFORE painting, it hasn't been back on the car. Stripes are next and I will do those OFF the car since it's a lot easier to do on a table instead of trying to reach over fenders to position the stripes.

The next time it's on the car, it will be done, stripes and all. I pick up my stripe material Tuesday.

Hood should be on the car later this week.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
FIVE new photos - Hood is on the car!

I decided to put the hood on today. This way, I can put the stripes on later this week and make sure the alignment is perfect by lining up the new stripes on the hood with the existing stripes on the front bumper and the roof.

For those wondering, the DAR9000 PPG paint (their basic black) is a pretty damned near perfect match for our black Mustang paint code (05+).

pg4j.jpg

pg4k.jpg

pg4l.jpg

pg4m.jpg

pg4n.jpg

Next will be stripes - Later this week.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Here's a profile shot showing you the rise of the hood. Plenty of clearance for the supercharger.

trufiber6.jpg

This one gives you an idea of the height.

trufiber7.jpg