• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pete Liebig photos are in

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I'm still learning all of this automatic transmission stuff and how stall converters work. I must explain that to get the most out of a stall you must be able to "flash" the converter. Example.......If you have a 2500rpm stall the converter should free spin until it gets to that speed and then LOCK! everything together and your gone! I was told that you have to be at least 500rpm under the stall speed in order to get it to flash.

Tracking? O.k., well apparently I was cheating up the rpm's a little too much on my launches and not giving the converter enough room to "flash". I was launching at 2000rpm and I should have been launching at 1500-1600rpm.

I still need to find out where exactly my car stalls at. I never really got a chance to find out. The method is to put your car in high gear driving 10-15mph and mash the throttle and see what rpm it flashes to.

I may take it for a spin tomorrow, so that I can find my stall point. Then I will be bugging to get to the track again.

Hope that made sense.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Quit causing drama on here...

Don't be mad
wheels.jpg

You must have a suspension problem your car is twisting for 1 and it's twisting the wrong way for 2. :)

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
There no twisting on an IRS thats both wheels in the air camera angle...:) Right when I was going to post your videos you come up with this BS....:)J/K

yosemiddysam

Donator
I am going to buy the burn out pic and the other one with my struts screaming for air under the tires!!!!!!!!

02gt

IMG_6083.jpg

You know... i was looking at this picture and relized something.... my tires went from having maybe couple months of driving left to like two passes down the city street with this burn out!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
IMG_6083.jpg

You know... i was looking at this picture and relized something.... my tires went from having maybe couple months of driving left to like two passes down the city street with this burn out!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Don't make me feel bad:mad: But, the minute you said I could use your tires I was like :bo:

02gt

What you think this is "the free tire give-a-way?" i gotta give ya little crap for roasting them mofo's...:D:shift:

Peteral25

Hey Guys had a great time taking pictures of your cars last weekend. I notice in the blogs that I might have missed posting a couple of cars. What I need you to do is email me with your Car # and description of your car. I will lookup your car and post it for you. I took over 1200 pic I think I go everybody. My email is peteral@pacbell.net . Thanks you for supporting the Track. Pete