• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

PROJECT WIKDLX

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Hey who are you going to have paint it?

dsc_4762-jpg.2422

Not sure if you've seen the paint on this car... Anything is better, I opted to take it to an Earl Scheib here in Chula Vista, I got there Stage 1 package for 199 or something like that and remove all dings. This car is just to work car..

Nothing spectacular, I get her back on Friday, we will see a before and after pick:) Save some mulah for some go fast goodies:) Maybe a Modular Conversion...

Mustang Stevo

I had ole earl in national city do a karmann ghia for me about 5 years ago. I stripped all the trim the bumpers and lights, everything I could take off of it. They did some body work and the paint job was actually pretty darn good! I think I had a coupon for $399 for the "el presidente" deluxe package. Hopefully it comes out looking good. I started putting an h pipe on my 91 LX tonight. Should finish up tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing how it sounds with the new flowmasters I had put on a few weeks ago by ledesmas.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I had ole earl in national city do a karmann ghia for me about 5 years ago. I stripped all the trim the bumpers and lights, everything I could take off of it. They did some body work and the paint job was actually pretty darn good! I think I had a coupon for $399 for the "el presidente" deluxe package. Hopefully it comes out looking good. I started putting an h pipe on my 91 LX tonight. Should finish up tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing how it sounds with the new flowmasters I had put on a few weeks ago by ledesmas.

Make sure to get some more pics up of your progress.. I am going to post up the pics of the paint job once I get them.. Fingers crossed it looks 100% better than the picture I posted above... I had them paint everything except the door frame...

Mustang Stevo

If you remember I had a real bad recent experience with a body shop near Qualcomm on my 91. They did an awful job on the car, then they attempted to redo the car and it was even worse. Then they wanted to do the car a third time and i wasnt having that so I took the car back and sued them in small claims and won. Now I have to try and collect the judgement to try and get the car done right. In the meantime I'm going to continue to do a few things to make it more fun to drive. I'll get the paint figured put at some point. Next item is 3.73 gears, lowering springs, and perhaps cobra r rims or if I found a set of the roh snypers like on ford 1288's white 91 I would go that route possibly but I hear the roh's are very hard to find. I look forward to meeting you and other members at an upcoming gathering.

Steve

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
the way I see it, it can't get worst than what it looked like:) who knows we will see Friday:) I am going cheap on this car it just a fun car to drive.. My Shelby doesn't get used much only 20,000 miles on her. As far as wheels, I am going to try and pick some off of craigslist or been eyeing some at discount tires for under $100 http://www.discounttire.com/WheelsUnder100.html

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
wow, what a difference...
BEFORE
DSC_4762.JPG

AFTER
DSC_4788.JPG
DSC_4793.JPGDSC_4794.JPG
There was a big dent in the rear where the rubber panel is missing.. They fixed it.. Looks pretty good for 299:). I pick up the car tomorrow... Start with new lights and other little stuff...
DSC_4798.JPG

Lynch Mob

Carver, MA
i vote 93 cobra wheels as well. what kinda mods are you doing to it??? gt-40 swaps? or u goin nuts with this?