• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

PROJECT WIKDLX

Fresh Cobra

Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Only Trick would do such an evil thing as you speak of...his mind is just not right, he's lost all of his "few" marbles and I believe he needs intensive counsling from FORD!!! :oops:

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Look what arrived today:)
4aname6y.jpg

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Ford1288

Donator
Does this thing even run? Have not seen it in any club event pictures??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Does this thing even run? Have not seen it in any club event pictures??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like you need to line them up. Weren't you at knotts? Emilio's car was in the show. This car moves pretty darn good. It will move even better after this weekend.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I guess the car is still going together. What is that "E"...FIVE mechanics and counting. I hope you can at least change out the spark plugs.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I guess the car is still going together. What is that "E"...FIVE mechanics and counting. I hope you can at least change out the spark plugs.

I would have left if alone except Bobby is very convincing.. And too many to work on..

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Alright WIKDLX been seating in the Garage finally got off my butt and install the water temp gauge...

Turned on the car been running for about 10Min
12132013 461.jpg
About 20 Min getting pretty Hot 207-209 roughly seems hi to me..
12132013 462.jpg
DUAL FANS KICK IN TEMP Started Going down...
12132013 463.jpg

Stays around 200?????????? Don't think this is good.. (Not on the Road at Idle)
12132013 464.jpg

Car been running for over 30 Min stay's at 200 at idle..

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Running at 200 is not a problem. You need to take the car out and run it hard to see where the temps go. If the temps continue to rise, you have an oiling problem; more than likely at the wrist pins. I would say to recheck the timing on the car, but I believe that's already been accomplished.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I agree with Todd. The car needs to be road tested. I suspect while driving it will be ok. I want to know what it does in stop and go traffic. Especially before summer gets here. I would throw some water wetter in there too. It's supposedly reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30ºF.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with Todd. The car needs to be road tested. I suspect while driving it will be ok. I want to know what it does in stop and go traffic. Especially before summer gets here. I would throw some water wetter in there too. It's supposedly reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30ºF.
@orange395w at stop and go traffic is shot all the way up to 250 range.:( Going to order new upper and lower intake.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Just to clarify what Emilio is saying..... We spoke about his intake being a restriction for his particular combo. Aside from that I believe it's possible that whoever installed this intake used too much silicone and didn't trim the gaskets for the water passages. This could be slowing down or stopping water flow. If that isn't it I'm out of ideas.