• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Stangs 2009 Shelby GT500

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i dont know if i believe it. but if its true man i am jealous. and if he traded in tweety im gonna be even more jealous. i still have this little belief in my head that my wife was gonna let me buy it.....not gonna happen, but i cant accept that...lol

02gt

just waiting a couple things i guess, thats what emilio said last night at the track...

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
It's one of only 2,000 built this year! That car will be more rare than mine....Add in the attrition rate over the years and he's lookin at a $200,000 car in 20 years. He better hang on to this one like grim death.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
well based on the early GT500's, 20 years wont be enough. Inb the early to mid 80's they were a dime a dozen, everyone wanted to get rid of them. new style cars are gonna take at least 40 years to have any significant gain.

But it could be 20 who knows.

Shane361

Yeah I agree...look at all the cars rite now from 20 years ago in flawless condition. Even on the overpriced Barrett Jackson you see 100,000 with few more. I would also be dissapointed if Emilio bought the car to sell later and not enjoy now. You only live once...take advantage of the time.-Shane

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
Oh I guess its just a fluke that car #1 sold at Barret jackson for $250,000.
Its just a fluke that #'s 1 and 2 Shelby GT's sold for $650,000....
Its a different market now, than in the 60's/70's... People didn't see the value of those cars... Back then a Hertz Shelby auctioned off for a few hundred (just a used rental right?) How much over MSRP did the current Hertz cars auction for??
There was no high end market for muscle cars back then (by high end I mean people with money and interest)
There is such a market now.
I will concede that the price will go down before it goes back up, but I still say that in 20 years time that will be a very valuable car. Especially since they will only build 2,000 cars.
I agree He should buy it to drive it, drive it like ya stole it....

StarAngel

Oh I guess its just a fluke that car #1 sold at Barret jackson for $250,000.
Its just a fluke that #'s 1 and 2 Shelby GT's sold for $650,000....
Its a different market now, than in the 60's/70's... People didn't see the value of those cars... Back then a Hertz Shelby auctioned off for a few hundred (just a used rental right?) How much over MSRP did the current Hertz cars auction for??
There was no high end market for muscle cars back then (by high end I mean people with money and interest)
There is such a market now.
I will concede that the price will go down before it goes back up, but I still say that in 20 years time that will be a very valuable car. Especially since they will only build 2,000 cars.
I agree He should buy it to drive it, drive it like ya stole it....:shift:

Hell yea I 100% agree with ya Steve. :vroam:

:bo:

Hey Emilio, I know that and Monica and you are happy campers right now. :ridinghorse: The new refinements are awesome and I agree that once you go S197 its going to be way better then your SY Cobra. The 2010 yr cars are awesome and can flat out move!

Welcome to the 2010 Family :rock::beer::party:

Shane361

Cant base #1 or #2 car as an average on what #2000 will bring in 20 years though. Very first production models are sold very very high and usually the ones kept in museums and what not. Those firs few will always be collectors and worth ALOT more than the rest. -Shane

BlueStallion5.0

Cant base #1 or #2 car as an average on what #2000 will bring in 20 years though. Very first production models are sold very very high and usually the ones kept in museums and what not. Those firs few will always be collectors and worth ALOT more than the rest. -Shane

museums? try jay leno's garage

StarAngel

Ok but remember this, the SHELBY's of all yrs and makes are going to tirple in vaule the moment that God's Right hand muscle car fiend passes on. So if you have a SHELBY and it is signed then its going to be worth a mint for sure.