• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Stangs 2010 Dyno Shootout Pics

northerncountry

Grant sorry I got the stats wrong. Todd didn't run the Fox he was going to be the last one but we worked in linchmob so the mistery is still on for the output of the Red Fox

gmantheman

I had a great time. Not to be a party pooper, but I think these numbers were closer to a dynojet than a mustang dyno. 301 on this dyno would put me at 350 to 355 on a dynojet and over 400 at the crank.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I had a great time. Not to be a party pooper, but I think these numbers were closer to a dynojet than a mustang dyno. 301 on this dyno would put me at 350 to 355 on a dynojet and over 400 at the crank.

you mean 337 if you put down 301rwhp.. What are your mods... And remember all dynos are going to be different.. Just make sure to use the same one for all your different mods.. That way you know if your getting better or worst..:)

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator

Maybe I am wrong but, you don't add it twice..

301rwhp +15% = 346hp I always thought that was your HP at crank.. Dynojet numbers are always going to be higher..

northerncountry

The way I understood it was that with the Mustang dyno the #'s were low by 15% so then you would add another 15% to get your flywheel HP correct me if I am wrong but Like G man said that would mean close to 380 ish at the fly

gmantheman

The way I understood it was that with the Mustang dyno the #'s were low by 15% so then you would add another 15% to get your flywheel HP correct me if I am wrong but Like G man said that would mean close to 380 ish at the fly

That's correct. Crank HP is dynojet numbers + 15%.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
To get your HP at your crank.. The estimated forumla would be

Mustang Dyno # * 1.20% = Crank HP (273*1.20%= 327)

gmantheman

you mean 337 if you put down 301rwhp.. What are your mods... And remember all dynos are going to be different.. Just make sure to use the same one for all your different mods.. That way you know if your getting better or worst..:)

Mods that would affect numbers are intake/tune, UDP and hi-flow cats.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Mods that would affect numbers are intake/tune, UDP and hi-flow cats.

Stock Mustang are around 255 - 270 rwhp.. Give or take..

I think your number are died on...
Mustang Dyno # * 1.20 = Crank HP (301*1.20= 361 Crank HP) Automatic
Mustang Dyno # * 1.15 = Crank HP (301*1.15= 346 Crank HP) Stick

http://www.modulardepot.com/articlesp.php?aid=52

Also 1.20% is a little high of a number and there are so many variables. Auto / Stick Single Shaft/Dual Shaft...

A Dynojet dyno reads higher RWHP due to the unrealistic way it measures power (Mustang dyno's are loaded with resistence to better emulate the real world). A 12% loss for manuals and 15% loss for automatics is probably as good a guess for a Dynojet as any.

And Ford rates an S197 GT Manual at 300 flywheel hp, and they put down 255 rwhp (on a Mustang dyno), that's a 15% drivetrain loss which supports the generally accepted figures. I've seen Mustang dyno sheets for stock GT automatics in the 240-245 rwhp range, which is right about at the 20% drivetrain loss.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Emilio, do you mean.... 1.2? because 1.2% is only like 3 HP difference....

Example:
TBSS 324*1.2%=327.88HP
or

TBSS*1.2= 388.8 HP

Just as a reference, the TBSS is rated at 395 crank HP....so going with 324*1.2=388.8 is pretty close.....

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Emilio, do you mean.... 1.2? because 1.2% is only like 3 HP difference....

Example:
TBSS 324*1.2%=327.88HP
or

TBSS*1.2= 388.8 HP

Just as a reference, the TBSS is rated at 395 crank HP....so going with 324*1.2=388.8 is pretty close.....

Gibs read what I wrote... And I see how it might confuse people below has been fixed..

Mustang Dyno # * 1.20% = Crank HP (301*1.20= 361) Automatic
Mustang Dyno # * 1.15% = Crank HP (301*1.15= 346) Stick

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
E, I am just saying that it isnt 1.2%..... it is just 1.2 or 1.15 that is all.....the numbers are no where close when you use the %....just so people dont use that is all...

Gib

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
E, I am just saying that it isnt 1.2%..... it is just 1.2 or 1.15 that is all.....the numbers are no where close when you use the %....just so people dont use that is all...

Gib

samething quite confusing folks..