• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

i bought a 2004 cobra

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
ok, so i cant just get a tuner and pull a couple degrees out of it? im guessing messing with the timing will through out the air fuel ratio?

how much boost are you making?

Only if you had the original tuner for that tune you can take a couple of degrees out of your car. And no taking a couple of degrees out will not affect your tune.

When you get a new tuner the car as to mate to it. Without the original tuner your car would have to get re-tuned.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
The only real different I see between ours is I had the stage 5 Port and run an upper only but mine mad 518 502. I would get back, buy an ex cal3 and take it straight to Greg up in Downey. It will need a retune and he is the best for our cars!!!!! Congrats and hope this helped. Just a lil ole 60-70 shot made mine jump to 571 hp and 616 tq lol

Another difference is your car is a fat pig now with that 1 ton roll cage you put in:) you just want back to square 1...

90stripes

oh ok, i see what your saying now... ok everything makes since, how much does it generally cost to have it tuned? will it be safe to drive it on 91 untill i get it tuned, as long as i dont go wot?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
oh ok, i see what your saying now... ok everything makes since, how much does it generally cost to have it tuned? will it be safe to drive it on 91 untill i get it tuned, as long as i dont go wot?
400.00 + tuner and yes as long as you dont got wot that is when a stock tune cannot compensate for drastic changes.

Sent from my Dell Streak

90stripes

ok thanks.

it doesnt have a stock tune, it is tuned for the way it is set up right now.

am i going to have to get the stock tune from ford before i get it retuned?

or will i be able to bring it to the tuner as is and get a hand held and let him tune from there?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
ok thanks.

it doesnt have a stock tune, it is tuned for the way it is set up right now.

am i going to have to get the stock tune from ford before i get it retuned?

or will i be able to bring it to the tuner as is and get a hand held and let him tune from there?
No only if you every want to go back to stock.

Sent from my Dell Streak

yosemiddysam

Donator
Hey Emilio......Wanna get you PIG on a scale? I bet mine weighs less, goes faster, and makes more TQ!!!!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Emilio......Wanna get you PIG on a scale? I bet mine weighs less, goes faster, and makes more TQ!!!!

Yes, and you will never make more TQ than me no matter what you do....

How will this combo make just over 500 and your combo only makes a little over 500 E?

a little over 500???? Where did you get those numbers from? Oh that before my tune video at RET... everybody knows that already

yosemiddysam

Donator
LMAO I could get my car in the 800's right now if I wanted........Just dont feel like spending any more money on it, I mean it already slayes Gt500 and Vets so what more do I need?