• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Barona 1-10-09 Results

gmantheman

I had 8.8 at 84 on my last pass with the DR's, i got a 2.1 60', i spun abit but i got out of it then hit it again and went down the rest of the track clean.

After deployment takeoff 17" rims and M&H drag radials are in my future.
02, what RPM did you launch at? I imagine you could have launched a bit harder and got a 1.8 to 1.9 60' and your time would have dropped to mid 8s.

02gt

After deployment takeoff 17" rims and M&H drag radials are in my future.
02, what RPM did you launch at? I imagine you could have launched a bit harder and got a 1.8 to 1.9 60' and your time would have dropped to mid 8s.

I launch about 4000 with my DR's, but when i launch harder and if it hooks, the car will get wheel hop even with solid control arms. So im still trying to iron out my suspension and im going to get a set of 26 inch tires instead of the 28.5's that i was racing with. My 8.54 was a 1.9 60' the slip didn't list it but i can tell.

gmantheman

Wheel hop is a bitch. With steeda LCA and BMR UCA my wheel hop is pretty much gone. Now I need help with traction.

02gt

Before i put my S/C on, i didn't really get bad wheel hop with my suspension that i had. Now that the car is more powerful solid control arms just aren't enough.

02gt

I went and looked at the hoosier slicks that a guy offered me a while ago, they have a lot of life left on them and they are a better size for my car. I will post pics tomorrow when pick them up. BTW they are 26x10x15.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Once you get control arms the quad shocks are worthless. Take them off for good.
They are part of your problem.

gmantheman

I posted the the Mustang vs the World ad on S197forum.com Hopefully some the local guys from that forum will come over. Three of the people have street legal S197s running mid to high 6s.

gmantheman

No. I believe all three have KB s/c along with a few other mods, such has a new engine block. Head work, but not Nitrous.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
6's in street legal form I don't know? Maybe if they know a guy who knows a guy who knows a smog guy. LOL

If they are in fact legal god doggie!

gmantheman

One of the guys races at the Q sometimes. He has the vista or sonic blue 05 Mustang. His license plate say 1BAD05GT.