• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Barona Drags

spdpilot

Looks like I am going tonight..... I am getting my final suspension part put on in a few minutes here. If they get it done, I am going for sure. If they don't, there is no point in going.

I put the lower control arms on myself last weekend and tried to do the upper, but those Blastards at Ford used RED locktight on those bolts. Not a 18mm wrench in my box that will break those babies loose. Anyways, Got a shop to do it for me this afternoon. Just the upper control arm, because I still got wheel hop with new lowers.

See you guys there if the part goes on. My Red GT500 with white stripes, in case you are looking for me.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Well Let me update you guys on the racing that I witnessed tonight. We had 3 members racing...........Eric, Phil and Danny.

Eric (02gt)- First off Congradulations on lifting a wheel off the ground!!! Didn't beat his best time, but lifting the wheels is a nice accomplishment. Anyway, from my observation what I saw was a car not performing to it's full potential. 11.2 A/F is tooooo conservative!! You need to look into getting a wideband, so you can add some timing and get some more power out of the car. It's absolutely ridiculous that you had a meth kit installed and tuned and have still not been able to beat your old best time nor get a higher mph. Next thing that I witnessed was a tired rearend. Your driver's side wheel was sitting still during your burnouts and the right one was still spinning. An Eaton locker would be an awesome upgrade at this point and will drastically improve your times. Lastly your car is still squatting way to much throughout the run while shifting gears.

Phil (blackstallion06)- First, Congrats on a new best time!! (8.08 I think) 2nd, you need to get the proper wheels or get some 3 inch studs installed! It's very dangerous to run with minimal thread engagement with slicks. Next, I don't think I've ever seen a car squat as bad as your's does when shifting from 1st to 2nd!! When that happens the car unloads the tires and stops moving forward. Get some stiffer springs and shocks back there. Lastly, while you were doing a burnout your driver's side wheel locked up and squeeled the highest pith noise I've ever heard!!! Get a line lock.

Danny (sdsubzero4)- Well lets just say that once you stop worrying about breaking something your car will be faster. 2000rpm burnouts aren't going to cut it. Take off the traction control, lol! Traction control off, Overdrive off and do better burnouts with those nittos and you would be consistantly in the 9's instead of the 10's. Don't worry, you are on your way to some good times once you get your gears and tune. Although I say hold off on the tune until you do a more serious engine mod, but that's just me.

Over all Good job guys!! Way to represent!!!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Thanks Bobby for the input. I always have the traction control off, but I didn't know about the OD needed to be off. I took it off after you told me. But for whatever reason, when I was doing my burnout it'll go to 3000 rpm then it drops. I tried to keep it burning but the rpm drops when it reaches 3000. I have some driver mod to do, but with practice and more guidance, I'll get there.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Did anyone get a pic of said tire off the ground. I have got to see that one. See man I told ya you was about to launch your car and pull the wheels. Good Job Wicked Stangs.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
But for whatever reason, when I was doing my burnout it'll go to 3000 rpm then it drops. I tried to keep it burning but the rpm drops when it reaches 3000. I have some driver mod to do, but with practice and more guidance, I'll get there.

It could very well be your rear brakes working too good. The 9.91 pass wasn't bad. You are going to have much more fun after you get the 4.30's.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Did anyone get a pic of said tire off the ground. I have got to see that one. See man I told ya you was about to launch your car and pull the wheels. Good Job Wicked Stangs.

Barona did and I went to the booth and saw it with my own eyes. Then he did it again later in the night right before I left.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
hey bobby when i raced my firts time at the Q with TC off (the red sled) i ran a 10.8 then the next time i raced it on my next run with it on i ran a 8.8 so then i just ran it the rest of the night with it on 8.7, 8.8's consistent and just turn off the TC for the burnout portion?! do i just need ot get used to the car? also on the charger forums they said with my mods i can knock off almost .5 second mainly because the diablo tune will make the car rev higher (change the shift points) i ordered JLT CAI, SLP LM II, diablo handheld with 93 tune i think stock it shiftz around 6k and with diablo it shiftz like 6300 red line is 65 or 67

Foxman

I'm sorry 02GT.... that really sucks your times didnt get better... But that was expected when your horse power numbers didnt really change....

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA

I saw the pics. He will be ordering it. They're going to post the pics on Barona Drag strip's website Monday or Tuesday.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I'm sorry 02GT.... that really sucks your times didnt get better... But that was expected when your horse power numbers didnt really change....

If he gets a wideband 02 he can make changes at the track and the car WILL without a doubt get faster. 11.2 is way too rich for max performance. With a wideband we can get it into the 11.5-11.8 range and that car will pick up some tq and mph. I'm sure of it. Problem is a good wideband is $350-$400, but it's much needed at this point in the game.

Suspension is also a major issue. His front end kit will help alot and the coil overs should help the front end not do a nose dive between shifts.

Well get there we just need to address a few things.

02gt

If he gets a wideband 02 he can make changes at the track and the car WILL without a doubt get faster. 11.2 is way too rich for max performance. With a wideband we can get it into the 11.5-11.8 range and that car will pick up some tq and mph. I'm sure of it. Problem is a good wideband is $350-$400, but it's much needed at this point in the game.

Suspension is also a major issue. His front end kit will help alot and the coil overs should help the front end not do a nose dive between shifts.

Well get there we just need to address a few things.

so way things sound wide band and a eaton locker, if im gonna do the rear end may as well get axles and new set of 4.30's. Im just not sure about what i need to change out in the rear end again, i did gears and the whole rebulid kit at 60000 miles and my car is at 79000 miles. what ya think orange???
well i was able to cut 8.33 with a 1.88 60', later in the night i was able to 1.79' but the car was running hot because i kept hot lapping it and that was an 8.35.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
so way things sound wide band and a eaton locker, if im gonna do the rear end may as well get axles and new set of 4.30's. Im just not sure about what i need to change out in the rear end again, i did gears and the whole rebulid kit at 60000 miles and my car is at 79000 miles. what ya think orange???
well i was able to cut 8.33 with a 1.88 60', later in the night i was able to 1.79' but the car was running hot because i kept hot lapping it and that was an 8.35.

It all depends on your budget. I wouldn't go 4.30's in your car. What is in it now? What rpm are you going through the traps at? After watching your car react last night I definitely think it would benefit greatly from an Eaton locker. If you were to upgrade axles and use c-clip eliminators it could get over $900 in parts and then there is the labor aspect of it.

What springs are you using in the rear? Eric the Anti roll bar would also be one of the best mods you can do and will drastically cut down your 60ft times. They are very easy to disconnect for street driving.

02gt

It all depends on your budget. I wouldn't go 4.30's in your car. What is in it now? What rpm are you going through the traps at? After watching your car react last night I definitely think it would benefit greatly from an Eaton locker. If you were to upgrade axles and use c-clip eliminators it could get over $900 in parts and then there is the labor aspect of it.

What springs are you using in the rear? Eric the Anti roll bar would also be one of the best mods you can do and will drastically cut down your 60ft times. They are very easy to disconnect for street driving.

actually i was watching the tac last night a few times and i was crossing the stripes at near red line, the reason i want to step my gears i because my 0-330 times suck ass, you know how the centifcal blowers do it no power till 3rd gear, i see these guys running nearly the same MPH and cutting a fricken 7.8....:nonono: as far as the rest of the rear still rockin the lowering springs but i want to change them mugs out for the moroso drag springs you gave me. The anti roll bar has been on my list of things to do aswell. I just want to know if i should buy another rebuild kit for the rear end...:hello: edit 3.73's in the rear...

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
well your stock tach also isnt dead on when i got my FRPP with tacho shift light there is a 200-300 rpm diff

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I wouldn't buy a rebuild kit for it. I would buy the Eaton locker for 28 spline axles. Seeing as how the Centri blower doesn't make huge power off the line I think the axles will be fine. As for the springs you would be better off putting some stockers back in. I wouldn't use those trick springs that I gave you.

What gear are you going through the traps in? You still didn't answer what gears you currently have. If you are at redline in fourth gear than stepping up the gear ratio isn't going to help unless you went with a taller tire. What tire size do you have?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Also what are you shifting at? You need a shift light as well. It will help alot! I actually have one if you want it. :)