• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Barona Drags

02gt

I wouldn't buy a rebuild kit for it. I would buy the Eaton locker for 28 spline axles. Seeing as how the Centri blower doesn't make huge power off the line I think the axles will be fine. As for the springs you would be better off putting some stockers back in. I wouldn't use those trick springs that I gave you.

What gear are you going through the traps in? You still didn't answer what gears you currently have. If you are at redline in fourth gear than stepping up the gear ratio isn't going to help unless you went with a taller tire. What tire size do you have?

she has 3.73's and i cross the line in 3rd gear, i was considering the 31 spline but if you say so i will take your word for it on the 28 spline.

02gt

Also what are you shifting at? You need a shift light as well. It will help alot! I actually have one if you want it. :)

i have been shifting at redline which is 5700 but i did take her to 6K a few times last night beacause i know there is power up there. hey, thanks i would really appriciate that....

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
i have been shifting at redline which is 5700 but i did take her to 6K a few times last night beacause i know there is power up there. hey, thanks i would really appriciate that....

post your dyno graph and I'll tell you where to shift.

02gt

100_0932.jpg

02gt

6200 rpm,
what do think then, how do get my 0-330 times down??? the launch is there but the car is not speeding up as quickly as it should. my first run down the track was against a guy i have seen there a hundred times and he cut a 1.8 flat and went 7.8 at 88, now i have a cut a few 1.7's and had my mph at 87 mph how can i get my car a better 330 what im getting at. BTW i think he is on spray too....

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Better 60ft = better 330ft for you. The car is unloading the tires after the initial launch. Eaton and anti roll bar = 7's all day. Coupled with adding some timing. :)

02gt

Better 60ft = better 330ft for you. The car is unloading the tires after the initial launch. Eaton and anti roll bar = 7's all day. Coupled with adding some timing. :)

alright eaton and an anti roll bar, im it may be a bit before i order these items, seeing how i haven't even installed my k member yet.

02gt

Thanks Bobby for the input. I always have the traction control off, but I didn't know about the OD needed to be off. I took it off after you told me. But for whatever reason, when I was doing my burnout it'll go to 3000 rpm then it drops. I tried to keep it burning but the rpm drops when it reaches 3000. I have some driver mod to do, but with practice and more guidance, I'll get there.

put the car in to second gear instead of drive when doing your burnout.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
put the car in to second gear instead of drive when doing your burnout.

Thanks. I was just thinking that today when I was driving. I put it in second at the light and my RPM shot up to 4k. I will do that next time at the track.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
hey bobby when i raced my firts time at the Q with TC off (the red sled) i ran a 10.8 then the next time i raced it on my next run with it on i ran a 8.8 so then i just ran it the rest of the night with it on 8.7, 8.8's consistent and just turn off the TC for the burnout portion?! do i just need ot get used to the car? also on the charger forums they said with my mods i can knock off almost .5 second mainly because the diablo tune will make the car rev higher (change the shift points) i ordered JLT CAI, SLP LM II, diablo handheld with 93 tune i think stock it shiftz around 6k and with diablo it shiftz like 6300 red line is 65 or 67

orange any input?