• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine trouble questions

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
how do you know the temp? I thought I heard them at JBA say that the gauge didn't work? Do you have an autometer? Where is the pic?

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I have to wait till my dad gets home in a little bit to find the only freaking camera that we have a chord to hook it up to the computer.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Lol, they must not have seen the guages on my piller.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
well right to about a bit above the numbers it is a dirty tan.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
That might be caused by when I had to drive it for a week without any tune on it.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Plus I need to change my radiator fluid, there's some stuff floating in it.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
You need to go buy new plugs regardless. You should have put in new plugs before the tune. Ryan was driving with a bad tune the whole time he had it!

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Ok, hold on.
I'll let you know when I am done.

02gt

orange, is there a scanner that can be plugged in to a 5.0 computer???? Or do you have to use one of those timing tools to check the timing on a 5.0????

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I checked them all, all of them are good, except for one that I couldn't chack because I think it might be crossthreaded. I am taking it somewhere tommorow to get checked. And probably have them use a compression tester too. And are you sure that I don't need any colder plugs?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Oh, and by the way, all of the plugs that they sell for my year and model have .054" gaps.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
just my opinion, go to dauntes and get step tuned. the only tune you got is a WOT tune. not as accurate and safe.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
The larger the gap the better, but those are recommendations. Every car is different, one car may like .54 another may like .45. The more you can get away with the better. You shouldn't need any colder plugs unless you have N20! I use those in my 393 and they work fine. My plugs are gapped at .45 and the car runs good. You keep dumping money like water instead of doing the basics first.