• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine trouble questions

M

Mustangcwo

For a 5.0 stick with copper plugs. The engine is designed for copper!!!!! Leave the fancy expensive plugs to those modular guys with all the cash.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Another thought is that the C&L maf you have is a piece of sh*t. I had one on my car when I first bought it and it would run like garbage. I got a Pro-M and the car smoothed out and ran like a champ.

M

Mustangcwo

Another thought is that the C&L maf you have is a piece of sh*t. I had one on my car when I first bought it and it would run like garbage. I got a Pro-M and the car smoothed out and ran like a champ.

Very good point. There are a bunch of good MAFs out there and you can get a good used one on Craigslist or Ebay. MAF information is critical to performance and not a place to skimp!!!

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Yes, but I need to know that is what is causing what I have or my dad won't buy it. I am broke right now.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Could the smaller gaps in my plugs do anything if they weren't accounted for in the tune? And if I were to go to Dante's would I be able to get any money back from Greg. Because otherwise why spend another $300.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Listen up kiddo! Check timing with a light, what is fuel pressure at?, check it, pull all plugs and find out why the last one won't come out! That may be your problem child!, check plug gap and last but not least FILL IT UP WITH 91!!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
You're money from Greg is gone. Do not go to Dante until your car is solid mechanically. Plug gap is not accounted for in the tune. They assume your car is good when you bring it in.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
It also looks like the last one I pulled might have the gap bent back, I don't know if that happened when I dropped it a few times when trying to get it back in (it wasn't easy) or if it was like that, but I will need a new one in that cylinder.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Timing should be set at 10* with the spout out. Did greg adjust your timing with the dizzy and a timing light?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Plug gap can get thrown out of whack very easily! Especially with multple spikes to the ground! A plug that is dropped must me rechecked to insure the gap is still good before installing it.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Well, I tried to bend it back, but yes, it was the one in the back passenger side.