• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

...famoso 8-21-09...

Renegade

well if your worried about losing the motor you could give my dad some money for diesel and he could probably take a trailer down there for us, that way we can also take our tool just in case something happens (God forbid)

fangs99

i completely agree... it's just that people keep telling me that the times i say that were run in STOCK mach 1's aren't possible. well, they are.

there are a lot of factors that went down into the people running those times, but they ran them. so it's possible to run those times in stock mach 1's.

it doesn't matter if a mag. didn't run those times. sometimes it's not the magazine drivers that run the best times. it's the people who daily drive the cars and have more seat time in them that know how to push them better. magazine drivers have how much seat time in the cars they are testing? and most of the time, i don't think the auto maker will let them drive it until it blows up. unlike what some owners will do to get the times they want.

in the end, we have to accept the times we get, but to know what's possible gives us a goal. i know what's possible stock in my car, and i don't want to run what a STOCK auto mach runs. who does after they've invested money to supposedly make their cars faster?

well last monday i personally talked to the chief editor of MM&FF Steve Turner, and he said "West coast tracks suck". "The south east tracks are 3-4 tenths faster than west coast tracks and, the northern tracks like English town NJ are 3 tenths faster than the southern tracks like Orlando Speed World."

Foxman

TurboMach------ -(OH) Red--- '03/M---2.03_, 13.09_ @ 106.62 *
H-TownMachI------(TX) Yellow '03/M---1.955, 13.139 @ 104.50 *
Mary Jane--------- (KY) Gray-- '04/M---1.981, 13.177 @ 105.62 *

QUOTE]

look at the altittude of those tracks.. they would equal 13.5's at famoso..

Foxman

in the end, we have to accept the times we get, but to know what's possible gives us a goal. i know what's possible stock in my car, and i don't want to run what a STOCK auto mach runs. who does after they've invested money to supposedly make their cars faster?

I completely agree... you have to except the times you run.. what esle you going to do.. but track and altittude PLAYS a big part.. you could run a 13.5 on the east coast then come here and run 12's... doesnt mean he car is capiable to run that time in the east coast..

I

Ichiduo

TurboMach------ -(OH) Red--- '03/M---2.03_, 13.09_ @ 106.62 *
H-TownMachI------(TX) Yellow '03/M---1.955, 13.139 @ 104.50 *
Mary Jane--------- (KY) Gray-- '04/M---1.981, 13.177 @ 105.62 *

look at the altittude of those tracks.. they would equal 13.5's at famoso..[/QUOTE]

altitude plays a big part... but i noticed something... they were ALL done in different states, at different altitudes, at different tracks. all in different stock mach 1's. texas, kentucky, and ohio... i don't think ANY of the conditions were the same. it'd be impossible for it to be.

here's another one for ya:

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0303MM_mustang_gt_vs_mach1/index.html

We'll skip the suspense and tell you that this is the quickest, naturally-aspirated, four-valve 4.6 Mustang we've ever tested. It blistered the Old Bridge Township Raceway Park quarter-mile in 13.13-seconds at 105.5 mph in bone-stock trim (with a 2.07 60-foot time).

so we have manual machs running in the 13.1 range in:

texas, ohio, kentucky, and new jersey...

i know altitude plays a big part, but at some point it becomes the car. you can't automatically say... well, if they ran at famoso, they'll run 13.5's. no one knows if that's true. but for me, seeing different machs, run close to the same times, at different tracks, all in different conditions / altitudes leads me to believe that the car is capable of running 13.1's... and it's not just track, altitude, and conditions. everything could be perfect, but you need a car capable of doing those times... and the mach in stock form is capable of 13.1's. :)

Foxman

i know altitude plays a big part, but at some point it becomes the car. you can't automatically say... well, if they ran at famoso, they'll run 13.5's.

if you knew what went on in the pits for real dragsters... you would know that altitude's plays a very big parts along with temp... they cars are setup 100% different for different conditions.. regular street cars do not have the capability's to adjust with out a laptop!..

kentucy ohio have denser air there for your car will run much faster! at least 2 to 3 tenths!

I

Ichiduo

if you knew what went on in the pits for real dragsters... you would know that altitude's plays a very big parts along with temp... they cars are setup 100% different for different conditions.. regular street cars do not have the capability's to adjust with out a laptop!..

kentucy ohio have denser air there for your car will run much faster! at least 2 to 3 tenths!

http://www.airdensityonline.com/tracks.php

Current weather information* for
Famosa Raceway in Bakersfield, California
* temperature = 92.0 deg f
* corrected barometer* = 29.93 Hg
* relative humidity = 16 %

* uncorrected barometer* = 28.19 Hg
* dew point = 39.0 deg f (39.34)
* saturation pressure = 1.514455 Hg
* vapor pressure = 0.242313 Hg
* grains = 37.746694
* air density(without water vapor) = 88.6397
* air density (WITH water vapor) = 87.9871
* density altitude = 4316.3869 ft

Houston Raceway in Houston (Baytown), Texas
* temperature = 89.0 deg f
* corrected barometer* = 29.95 Hg
* relative humidity = 57 %

* uncorrected barometer* = 28.96 Hg
* dew point = 72.0 deg f (71.86)
* saturation pressure = 1.378692 Hg
* vapor pressure = 0.785855 Hg
* grains = 121.433162
* air density(without water vapor) = 91.5593
* air density (WITH water vapor) = 89.1856
* density altitude = 3866.1959 ft

Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio
* temperature = 82.0 deg f
* corrected barometer* = 30.15 Hg
* relative humidity = 53 %

* uncorrected barometer* = 29.07 Hg
* dew point = 63.0 deg f (63.27)
* saturation pressure = 1.102285 Hg
* vapor pressure = 0.584211 Hg
* grains = 89.292316
* air density(without water vapor) = 93.0891
* air density (WITH water vapor) = 91.3318
* density altitude = 3071.4608 ft

Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, New Jersey
* temperature = 73.0 deg f
* corrected barometer* = 30.10 Hg
* relative humidity = 78 %

* uncorrected barometer* = 29.92 Hg
* dew point = 66.2 deg f (65.83)
* saturation pressure = 0.818627 Hg
* vapor pressure = 0.638529 Hg
* grains = 94.937023
* air density(without water vapor) = 97.4354
* air density (WITH water vapor) = 95.4747
* density altitude = 1576.8835 ft

sorry, i couldn't find kentucky... if you look at houston texas and famoso, air density is close. the ONLY track which seems to have a helluva lot more dense air is raceway park in new jersey.

thing is, are you going to say that the mach 1 that ran a 13.1 in texas can run faster in new jersey? and how is it that there are tracks with better conditions, yet all the mach 1's are running basically the same times STOCK? i'm betting all the machs came from dearborn, michigan and were tuned to run there. so, no matter where you took them, they should've all ran identical with the exception of the driver... which is what we normally see and why we mostly say the driver mod is the most important.

now, dustin said his fastest time in his mach 1 STOCK was 13.3. with all respect to dustin, he is not a professional driver. given that day and a professional driver, i think they could've knocked off another two tenths from his time.

this debate started off when you said this:

not 13.1 stock.. your crazy maybe if he drove a 03 CObra not mach 1

i think i've done enough to prove machs can run 13.1's stock... and even if the conditions varied a little, it can be attained. as some machs were running in better conditions (new jersey as opposed to texas), yet they all still seemed to run the same times.

I

Ichiduo

HUMIDITY!!! Thats the ticket!

if humidity is the ticket... here should be 13.3, texas 13.1, and new jersey 12.8... :laugh:

but, that's not the case. we see the manual machs topping out in the 13.1 range even with the variances from track to track. :)

i know conditions play a HUGE part, but at some point it becomes the car / driver. cause if conditions were all that made the car run a certain time, we'd have stock civics running with stock srt vipers at track days as conditions would be the same for both cars.

you take different STOCK mach 1's, run them all at different tracks, under different conditions, yet all run roughly the same time... i'm thinking you start negating the different factors and look at the similar ones. and they happen to be the cars and the times. that means that given some variances, the mach 1 will still be able to run 13.1's.

zimmerc

OK Jay. Lets just take the times you Dustin and Shane are running. None are close to those times so............. TRY HARDER LOL.

I

Ichiduo

OK Jay. Lets just take the times you Dustin and Shane are running. None are close to those times so............. TRY HARDER LOL.

damn right i will... lol! you think it sits well with me that i have to mod my mach to get it to run what a stock one will? :nonono:

and even if i do run those times... it's like "great! i run what my car can stock..." :lol:

gotta get faster... but like i said earlier, knowing what my car can do stock gives me a goal. :)

Feared

Crazy Mach Driver
I wont be going, have some "unexpected problems" come up. And thats all i can say. Have fun guys.

Foxman

yea humidity and dew point is WAY HIGHER on every track... that is the difference!

oh and texas and kentucy... 93 and up octane at the pump! the mach loves octane with its 10.7:1 compression ratio...

but what do i know....

I

Ichiduo

yea humidity and dew point is WAY HIGHER on every track... that is the difference!

oh and texas and kentucy... 93 and up octane at the pump! the mach loves octane with its 10.7:1 compression ratio...

but what do i know....

can we agree that conditions in new jersey are WAY better than they are in texas? why is it the fastest time in new jersey is 13.1 and same in texas? if conditions are better in jersey, shouldn't the mach in jersey run a better time? only thing it's telling me is that given conditions, a STOCK mach is capable of 13.1's.. which is a far cry from your earlier rant of:

not 13.1 stock.. your crazy maybe if he drove a 03 CObra not mach 1

-------------------

not a stock or minor bottle on automatic.... 5 speed yes

i've always said a stock auto is capable of running 13.5's... which is true given stock 5 speeds are usually 3-4 tenths faster than a comparable auto.

Foxman

i never said a stock mach could run a 13.1.. and definitely not at famoso.. that has been my rant

dew point, humidity, alttitude and Octane is why they ran 13.1 at the other tracks Buy some 100 octane put it in to a quarter tank in your mach i bet money you will run a better best ET!