• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

...famoso 8-21-09...

I

Ichiduo

i never said a stock mach could run a 13.1.. and definitely not at famoso.. that has been my rant

dew point, humidity, alttitude and Octane is why they ran 13.1 at the other tracks Buy some 100 octane put it in to a quarter tank in your mach i bet money you will run a better best ET!

first off, a stock mach 1 cannot run a 13.1?

We'll skip the suspense and tell you that this is the quickest, naturally-aspirated, four-valve 4.6 Mustang we've ever tested. It blistered the Old Bridge Township Raceway Park quarter-mile in 13.13-seconds at 105.5 mph in bone-stock trim (with a 2.07 60-foot time).

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0303MM_mustang_gt_vs_mach1/index.html

secondly, why is it that the stock mach 1 in texas ran the same time as a stock mach 1 in new jersey? new jersey has way better conditions than texas, yet they ran roughly the same times.

if you can explain that to me, i'd like to hear it. going by what you say, in new jersey, the stock mach should have broken into the 12's.

Foxman

how do you figure they had way better conditions... look at dew point and humitdity..

and i ws saying a stock mach 1 will not run a 13.1 at famoso... i worded my post wrong.. you can sit here and post all these fact that you want... and im going to keep telling you a bone stock mach one willnot run 13.1 at FAMOSO!

new jersey and texas and idaho.. they arent DRY areas other then texas.. but what time of year was in ran in texas?? and what octane..

fangs99

Well, here's a list of Shane's first test & tune.
1st pass. 14.1
2nd pass. 13.7
3rd pass. 13.59
last pass. 13.53

awsome job Shane, I guess well have to see what you can do with a whole motor.

I

Ichiduo

what can i say, except good job shane. :)

not bad for a car with drag radials, with no passenger seat, back seat, and disconnected front sway bar... firing on seven, not bad at all.

as for my times, my best pass was 13.75... launching at 1400 where i could get traction, almost rolling off the line. that's with full interior, connected front sway bar, and street tires. i dunno, i kinda wanna run my car how i'll have it on the street like i heard andy say.

so no race fuel, no disconnected front sway bar, no gutting out my car just for the track... what you see is what you'll race. :)

p.s.

i was just pointing out the differences in our setup. read my post and it could be interpreted wrongly as you can't see / hear HOW i'm saying stuff. again, good job shane. :)

Renegade

4th is a no go for me since I took off the pinks weekend, but I'll be at the 1/8 mile races on Oct. 10 with the car and bike, and Dustin disconnecting the front sway bar is a must, and as for gutting the car, well I've always been a hard core racer, I love cars and bikes that are gutted and blown to the max, I'd rather own a car that was hardly streetable, beat you to death when you drove it and only had one bare aluminum seat instead of a Bently. But to each their own, and thanks jay good job to you also, I'll get the very few bad videos up soon, only got a couple of passes on video (ran out of tape and didn't notice). But all in all it was a very good night, met some really cool people (some of which will be attending some events with us), saw some hot women (and some that made us wanna puke as you'll see in the vids), and had a great time

I

Ichiduo

run what ya brung!

im hopeing to see you guys on the 4th too.

i do... but if ya'll forgot...

i ran 13.5's in an AUTOMATIC mach 1.

- SEVEN CYLINDERS

- full interior

- connected front sway bar

- knock sensor pulling timing

- crappy reiken raptor street tires @ 35lbs of pressure... (remember the tires phil ran, when he couldn't get traction and andy kept blowing his doors off in his mach?)

- HOT LAPPING. no cool down time for the motor, she ran hot that day and was heat soaked.

it now amazes me that i ran 13.5's with all that going on... seeing as what shane had to do to run his 13.5's in his 5 speed.

my mach can't get any traction as she sits, which is why i get better traction when i launch at lower rpm's. which is affecting my e.t.'s and why i'm saving up for dr's and a set of rims. nate tuned my car to launch hard out the hole, and it could... but on streets, it just blows my tires off.

as for the 4th, maybe. but i'm getting tired of paying $20 to know i can only launch at 1400 unless i wanna roast them out the hole, and get 13.7's...

p.s.

i'm unimpressed with my car... ask scott. i did not like how she ran at all. mostly due to traction.

Foxman

what can i say, except good job shane. :)

not bad for a car with drag radials, with no passenger seat, back seat, and disconnected front sway bar... firing on seven, not bad at all.

as for my times, my best pass was 13.75... launching at 1400 where i could get traction, almost rolling off the line. that's with full interior, connected front sway bar, and street tires. i dunno, i kinda wanna run my car how i'll have it on the street like i heard andy say.

so no race fuel, no disconnected front sway bar, no gutting out my car just for the track... what you see is what you'll race. :)

p.s.

i was just pointing out the differences in our setup. read my post and it could be interpreted wrongly as you can't see / hear HOW i'm saying stuff. again, good job shane. :)

from what i have heard.. yes shane was running drag radials but spinning all the way through first

Renegade

I spun all the way through first, spun the begining of second, and had the tires break loose past the 1/8th mile at the end of second all the way until I was well into 3rd, and my car was hurting ask Scott, my trac lok was giving on my launches and burn outs, and the car was starting to miss so bad that it sounded like it had some sick f*cking cams in it. Oh and don't forget that that was my first time at the track. But oh well no matter what each person thinks I was very happy with the times I ran that night in a V7 with 107,500 miles on it, which reminds me I need to do an oil change very soon, I'm a little late on that :-/

Renegade

And your 13.5 was on a different day with different conditions, you never know, if I ran that day I might have pulled a 13.3

I

Ichiduo

And your 13.5 was on a different day with different conditions, you never know, if I ran that day I might have pulled a 13.3

We'll never know that. all i know is i did what you did also on seven, with full interior, and without dr's or disconnected sway bar and hot lapping.

charlie, that'd be awesome but no $$$$ and i have 18's.

Renegade

Actually you weren't on 7 cylinders, yes you had a miss but you still had combustion, mine is dead, it's taking extra power to drag that cylinder along, but oh well, I'll run you at the 1/8th mile drags on 1 cylinder ;-)

I

Ichiduo

Actually you weren't on 7 cylinders, yes you had a miss but you still had combustion, mine is dead, it's taking extra power to drag that cylinder along, but oh well, I'll run you at the 1/8th mile drags on 1 cylinder ;-)

you ran 13.5 with drag radials, disconnected sway bar, no back seat, no passenger seat, with cool down time in between runs.

i ran 13.5 in an automatic, misfiring (pretty sure nate said complete misfire), timing being pulled (bad knock sensor), street tires (3 year old reiken raptors from my v6... UGH!) at 35psi, full interior, hot lapping, and sway bar connected.

and now you wanna race a race quad vs. a minor bolt on mach. :nonono:

when you came to the track firday, you said you told everyone you were gonna gut your mach. everyone except me. wonder why? maybe you knew i woulda done the same thing? :p

i'm happy you ran a 13.5 your first time at the track in your mach. i did the same thing first time at the track in my mach also. :laugh: differences are what i stated.

also now you're spinning all the way through first? your dad told me when you left you slightly chirped and then hooked. i even remember something about looking over the christmas tree after doing a burnout / launching. broke loose at the 1/8th? funny, that night i had none of that. who was running street tires again? :confused: i just wanna make sure. for DRAG RADIALS to:

I spun all the way through first, spun the begining of second, and had the tires break loose past the 1/8th mile at the end of second all the way until I was well into 3rd...

i think you need to get your money back. you're running the same way me and charlie 2 ran on our STREET TIRES. so i guess all the money you spent on those toyo proxies was garbage, huh? :p

i know all the money i spent getting my mach to run right is garbage until i get traction. :nonono: