• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

header install

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Well from headers, pro-chamber, intake and tune I picked up 28rwhp.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Headers alone though would be minimal in the equation. The largest part of that is probably the tune, then the CAI, then Prochamber, then the Headers.......

Gib

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Axcel backs do nothing for our cars but change the sound maybe pick up 3 to 5 hp. The more you open these cars up the better they run, and I might add you get better gas mil. If you worry about that kinda stuff. Headers and a x-pipe will show RWHP gains as well as seat of your pants improvements. CAI, TUNE, Exhaust, gears you hsould be in 12 second range. I been thinking of going to a 1/4 miles strip just to see my improvements over stock. Then I can go from there with my next mods. I dont know If I am gonna go safe way and buy cams or just gamble and go for a nitrous set up. If I do cams I wont have them in by FFW. I do Nitrous I will. I am looing for some heads or possibly a good shop to port my factory now. Keep you posted. After I dyno we will all know what headers actually do as far as RWHP. I will keep ou all posted on gains. After every mod I will be on dyno

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
blackstallion06 said:
Headers and a x-pipe will show RWHP gains as well as seat of your pants improvements. CAI, TUNE, Exhaust, gears you hsould be in 12 second range.

I do not know about all that. 28 RWHP with those things will bring it up to low 13's but not into the 12's.......

When you dyno it make sure you have the gas in it and all for a true reality check on the performance gains from the headers. I would say no more than 5 RWHP seen for the headers. And in all reality what will that give you on the track.......not much. What is your best 1/4 mile run phil?

Gib

blackstallion06

Donator
I ran 13.6 in Bakersfield with just my CAI. I now have 4:10 gears, lower control arms, BBK T.B. actually working and tires. I went from the stock 255 to 285 I have alot more tire now. That dropped me a full second alone at qualcom. With my trap speeds I should have been in 12's then if i would have hooked. Mach Man was there as well to testify. Windveil ran a 12 in Mo at Gateway with CAI and gears basically. He may have had his headers and X-pipe. I know he said he was in 12's If I remember right it was a 12.6. If I run mid 12 I will be happy. That means with NOS I will be in low 12's maybe high 11

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
blackstallion06 said:
Windveil ran a 12 in Mo at Gateway with CAI and gears basically. He may have had his headers and X-pipe. I know he said he was in 12's If I remember right it was a 12.6. If I run mid 12 I will be happy.

So you mean to tell me that CAI, Tune, Headers, X-pipe, and gears, will get me to loose a full second off the 1/4 time with a S197? 28 HP should not get you to loose that much......

Based on the vehicles weight and RWHP the 1/4 mile time should be this

Weight: 3500
RWHP: 300 Aggressive for just what is listed above.

Estimated Time: 13.336......

That is only an estimate but I find it hard to believe that much of a difference 12.6 to 13.4 Estimated......

Gib

blackstallion06

Donator
OK I am looking up the shop in mustang mag that has a car in 12's with just minor bolt ons. You have to remember though it is also a driver. In your formula your not adding that in there. It matters is your 60ft time. It is also a driver. When tested our car was a mid 13 car with a profesional driver. Now add bolt ons give car back to same guy and tell him to run it... Believe it or not! I beat a stock Terminator in my car at Bakersfield. You would hae to ask Lemar about it but I did beat him by few cars I ran a 13.7 he ran 14.1. Its all in the driver bro. That is a 13.5 car stock so they say... I have even heard quicker with diffrent drivers. I can eat up GTO's they are rated at 400 HP. Depeds on driver and conditions

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I would like to see some of those "Kills" and did they know they were racing?

I am just saying....you have more weight than the Termy and about 80 RWHP less than a stock Termy....and no offense you are not John Force so that makes you a hobbyist......you aint gonna run mid 13's stock.

I want to see you run those cars ..... The Termy driver was learning how to drive a stick apparently.

Gib

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well I will believe it when I see it. I am not going to argue anymore about it. I want to see you run a termy and a GTO. I think you will struggle to stay close. Even with the L/T's. Anyway if you do break into the 12's congrats and I am wrong. What is your best time on a 1/4? anyway, I am done with this we shall see on Friday what it will do.

Gib

blackstallion06

Donator
The best I have ran is a 13.6 peddling badly through 1 and second. I have a video you can Watch put out by Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Mag. Its called Project beast. Gears, CAI, T.B. and full exhaust 12 seconds. Oh wheels and tires as well. S/C in 11's That was in Jersey

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
okay... lets start off here. the termy runs 12.5 stock. ive seen idiots run 16's in them. it happens, so i believe you bea them. a stock GTO runs 13.3's even recorded to run 13.0 with an auto and a good driver. your at 13.6? belivable with a bad driver, but not with anyone competant. as for the HP gains from intake exhaust and tune. didnt 1wkdrsh put down 315 or something to the wheels? he gained like 60hp from tune alone. and if emilio is right in his formula, if you have 317hp to the ground you can run 12.99.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
I have to say that I have not seen any data the proves to me that the cost, effort required for installation, and the number of obligatory bloody knuckles (sacrificial bloodletting) justifies headers on an 05+ GT. No one is making outrageous HP claims.

Because they can't, apparently.

Not that everything I read I believe, but I have seen in story after story on dozens of sites that the stock GT exhaust manifolds are so much better tuned than it's predecessors that "headers" aren't really worth all the heartache it takes to install them.

What's the absolute BEST horsepower increase ANYONE is claiming in their headers?
What does JBA claim? What does Hooker, FRPP, MAC or anyone else claim?

Bring me your BEST number and the cost, both financial and in blood loss, frustration, time and giving your buddy a beer and tell me if it's REALLY worth it?

OK, it's worth it cuz me and my buddy "bonded", shared "Man-Time" together and shared a learning experience.....Oh Please!

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I wished I gained 60hp. I gained 28rwhp and 8rwtq. Next time I WILL be over 300rwhp!