• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

header install

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
beejay31000 said:
stock 07 gt in the 12's, NO WAY. termy "advertised" HP is 390hp390tq (flywheel) and they run 12.5's. stock gt's run 13.7ish

Where are you guys getting 12's from? I am confused... Look at the articals I posted from MuscleMustangs and Fast fords They have a car with just basic bolt ons and some cheap weight reducers 12.5 with 3:55 gears. They have thses cars in 9's already... I am talking about a car set up with bolt ons no S/C can get in 12's I guess I have to prove it at FFW. If we still had that Garage thing you can see with my MPH it should be in 12's my 60FT is what was killing me not grabing traction

blackstallion06

Donator
Stock ran in the 12's?????? Wow they hid something from them. It should not be able to do that no matter what. Stock that is.

I had a neighbor in Washington who had a SRT-4 that ran in the high 12's.....I will say the one time we met at a light....his car was quite a bit quicker and faster than mine, so if he was high 12's on a 1/4 mile then mine would have been high 13's if not low 14's. Just food for thought....you will never be fast enough to beat everyone all the time.

Gib

Gib as I said before it is also driver. I have been beat by a SRT4 I have beat a few as well though. I seen a girl in Bakersfield her licence plate rame said "dont be scared its a neon Im a girl" ran 11's That is true you will never be faster than everyone but its fun adding mods and seeing power gains and the looks of the car from Stock till present. Just for record you should be able to beat a stock SRT4. Driver Driver Driver. Machman ran mid 13's in his mach all day long. Dustin's best run was a 14. Before he deployed he ran a 13.1 or 2 I forget. Its knowing you car as well.

blackstallion06

Donator
beejay come over to the house we will sit down and watch this video MFF put out I will show you what I mean lol. we can have a few beers then go install my headers

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
The SRT-4 was "MILDLY UPGRADED" I still do not buy that your best is 13.5 and with headers you think you will hit 12's????

Maybe I misunderstood you but that is the way I took it.....

Gib

blackstallion06

Donator
You did miss something maybe I didnt explain well enough. Here is the break down
Bakersfield 1/4 mile track 95+ temp (my car only slip i have from famoso) Mods CAI, Diablo tune, and Stock 235 Tires aired down, JBA axcel backs
R/T .365
60ft 2.336
1/8 9.030
1/4 13.77 ( car has gone best of 13.6 )
mph 105.17

New Mods since 13.6 run

Stang Suspension: Lowering springs, pan hard bar, lower control arms, upper control arm
Hurst short throw shifter
Gt500 replica wheels 285 BFG's
BBK Throttle Body. bbk headers
4:10 gears

Now with these mods and all the practice I have had at a poopy track (Qualcom) and the MPH from 13.7 run the car should be in 12's Do you understand now?
Here is the timeslip from other side or the guy I ran against. It was a traction problem for me and now I have a little more umfah to get me down track quicker and out of hole faster. Here is other run

r/t .248
60ft 2.009
1/8 8.5 (my car does this at qualcom)
mph 84.26
1/4 13.2
mph 104.44

Make since now?

blackstallion06

Donator
maverick169v said:
2.10 with traction problems, like sideways traction problems. man i hope the slicks fix that. i hate that track.

Bro I look at it like this... all the practice we get down there on that crappy track will pay off when we go to a nice track that you can actually hook on

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
^^^ You made it sound as though headers were gonna get you into the 12's.....and that a S197 only needed a tune, gears, and exhaust to get into the 12's......

With everything you have done I would be pissed if I was not there already. The headers are gonna sound better but they wont help power much at all.

Gib

maverick169v

WS Posting God
blackstallion06 said:
1/8 8.5 (my car does this at qualcom)
mph 84.26

Make since now?

:bs::pics:my traction problems might be killing me but im pretty sure we dont run the same time, is yours an auto or stick?

blackstallion06

Donator
I run 8.6 to 8.8 all night long. I run better when I run against a faster car for some reason. Mine is a Stick. My buddy runs down there has same car as Gibs C/S Mustang.
Auto car. He has cold air no tune, stock ford racing exhaust, bbk T.B and headers 75 shot at wide open throttle ( which is 2nd and 3rd ) 235 rear tires he runs 8.1 This is why I debate should I go Nos, or cams

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Who or What is "melba toast" other than a cracker?

And what's it "packin'"?

A cryptic sig FO SHOW!!!

blackstallion06

Donator
Its from the movie Dazed and Confused when the guys are standing out side wreck center talking about there cars. The guys Says Let me tell you what melba toast is packin. " we got 4:11's out back , 750 holly dbl pumper, 10 to 1 pop up pistons edelbrock intake 396 with 450HP We are talking some fukin muscle" He has a Chevelle. Comparing to a car the other guy had he called white lightning. " I seen this man in a comic book. You see white lightning? You got to get this thing some shoes..man These things you have on here are pizza cutters." White trans Am 455

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
blackstallion06 said:
My buddy runs down there has same car as Gibs C/S Mustang.

What are you talking about" Gibs C/S Mustang" ?????

Gib

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
LOL I love that movie Phil.......Always watch the background during the party scenes....you will see funny stuff back there..

Gib

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
well now why would they say you do??????

Anyways I dont see a stock 05+ GT running 12's I dont see a slightly modded 05+gt Running 12's either. and 285s dont help all that much. I have them on my car and I light them up pretty easilly Now my Nittos seem to hook decently but i can still roast em'

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
same here, but they have been hooking a lot better recently. i think my tire pressure must have dropped or something. mav, if you are running 9.1's phill will beat you. i was threre a few weeks ago when he was running, maybe with slicks you can drop time off the 60' and get him. thats what i want to do.