• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Overhaulin!

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
well i close to 7 then 9 and you have a lot more done plus yers is lihter and you have slicks you will be happy i promise you

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Well car was on hold because I started school, so here is some saturday progress. Got my Tubular A-arms, spindles, brakes and Manual rack installed.

The spacers in the pic were made by a friend @ work from Aircraft aluminum since AJE never sent the right ****!
DSCN0920.jpg

Brakes & rotors installed. Had to cut and re-flare brake lines to relocate away from the coil overs.
DSCN0921.jpg

Manual rack installed
DSCN0922.jpg

Moving back to the rear suspension, I ended up buying a TFS rear end support cover, some upper control arms and some spherical rear end bushings to replace my chewed up stockers.

Rear end cover installed (this is for Henry)
DSCN0923.jpg

Old bushings pounded out without too much of a headache
DSCN0917.jpg

New bushings installed
DSCN0918.jpg

look at the difference in these lovely stockers vs new Granatelli's
DSCN0925.jpg

New uppers installed
DSCN0919.jpg

Pierre from woodside Auomotive donated some Moroso rear trick springs, so the rear end is complete. The engine will go in tomorrow! Thanks for looking.

W

wickedstangs

hey why havent I got my call to come over yet.. Dang that is looking awesome bob...

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
man, ive been off this threat for awhile....it looks amazing man. im jealous. if you ever need any help let me know. i might be able to get you a deal tuning it as well if your interested. let me know

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Thanks for the offer, but it's pretty much done now. Engine is in, car is on the ground and Really all I have left is some wiring and the radiator. The car is getting towed to the tranny shop on Wednesday and when they are done it will go to the alignment shop. Here are a few pics. The car now has the headers and hood installed even though the pics don't show it. Maybe Emilio can post some more pics.

DSCN0926.jpg

DSCN0928.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

W

wickedstangs

Awesome

All, I had the pleasure of going and checking Orange395w car boy we need to get our Race Car started quickly.. Check these images out...:bd:

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE PICS
ORANGE395W :bd:

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Wow I missed a few posts here.....Great work there Orange. That is really nice.

Gib

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Ready 2 Rock n Roll!

Well gave the car the finishing touches today. looks like it's ready to head off to the transmission shop and then the suspension tuning shop!

My friend Tony came over and wired up my tach and fixed some other wiring that I fudged up. LOL! He's awesome at custom wiring. Anyone have a vacuum and some armour all?
DSCN0936.jpg

Don't mind my ford racing coil wire LOL!
DSCN0935.jpg

Finito!
DSCN0930.jpg

Thanks for looking.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
damn that looks so good! i need to get rich like you and buy some toys!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Thanks alot man. It means alot because I've busted some knuckles and sweat alot over this car to get it this way. I'm proud to say that I've done everything on this car myself except for build the shortblock. The only reason that I'm having the tranny installed by the shop is for the gaurantee of work / warranty, not to mention that they are going to build the tranny, install it, a linelock, tranny cooler, and shifter for the same price out the door as Summit sells a PA automatic for.

I figured people would think I had money it's actually quite the opposite. I'm married with 2 kids. My wife doesn't work, so she takes care of the kids. Our house was just foreclosed, I live with my in-laws and I just started school for the sole purpose of getting G.I. bill money! I literally have about $200 left to survive one paycheck to the next and I don't care who knows it. Anyway thanks for the compliments look forward to meeting some of you guys at the events when the car is officially done.