• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Overhaulin!

M

Mustangcwo

orange395w said:
My head isn't down man. My family is awesome and other than not having money Life is good LOL!

Awesome attitude Orange, you need to spread that to the rest of the world. Great job on the car and I look forward to seeing it on the track. Any idea when the engine will be placed on the DYNO!!!!?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Car dynoed 405 RWHP & 418 RWTQ all motor. That will probably go down a tad with the new Automatic tranny though. Car has never seen the track though. Look forward to seeing you guys at the track as well! Thanks again,

Bobby

tkeinia

just look thru this tread, great job on the car. what size is that belt i am planning on running the same style set up. i dont need smog, power steering, or ac. hell i want an electric water pump but not sure how that would work.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I think it's 47.5" my car is a 351 based motor and every car may be slightly different. Just take a string wrap it around the pulleys and mark how long it is. Then take it to Napa or where ever and tell them you want a belt 1/2" shorter than your string. Worked on the first try for me.

M

Mustangcwo

Great numbers Orange. I look forward to watching that orange streak fly down the track.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I'm a little nervous that it's going to be slow. My BOSS never performed to it's full potential and this car has never seen the track in any form, so I have no idea where it will be. Not to mention that I'm gonna have to learn to drive this reverse manual automatic. I'm excited as hell to get out there though, but a streak may be an over statement. You know how it is, I don't want to set my expectations to high and then get my heart broken.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
then think of it as a hond fit until your first run :) i think you would be happy

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
If the car was gonna have a transbrake I would say maybe, but it will only have a 2500 stall converter which means I can't launch the car real high. If I ever get a trailer I'll switch to a brake and all hell will break loose!

02gt

I'm assuming that you are gonna keep the car steetable with that low of a TQ convertor Right?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Yeah, only because I have to drive to the track. The stall converter was calculated by cam, tire size and rear gearing.