• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shane's Corbra's rebirth has begun!

Mach1Marauder

Well........Monday morning brings bad news.
SOMETHING has went thru the engine.........maybe ground strap in the past?
SUPER deep groove in one cylinder ........from I don't know what
VERY odd chunks of piston missing from OTHER cylinders.Looks like what you'd think a tiny plasma cutter would do at the edge of the piston on the top ringland.
Pistons are .030 over Mahle 9.1:1:thumpdown:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MLE-MOD220581I16/
Bore was improperly bored/honed.:thumpdown: The pistons are sloppy in the .030 ++ bore
Either rod bearing or piston pin with slop.........more than likely big end...... the old hammer handle on top of piston test makes noise.:nonono:
MLS gaskets painted with copper paint......BIG no no!:nonono:
WAAAAAAAY too much clearance in the cam journals where the cams had seized before. :nonono:That's prolly where all the oil pressure was going in the engine.

Dunno if the cranks or rods are ok. I stopped with what I've seen and heard here.
Block is crap
pistons are crap
heads are crap with the journals and caps FUBAR as the are

Shane
You REALLY got screwed over in this engine! I hate azzwipes that pull crap like this!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Damn....Shane this f'n sucks. I recommend that you sue that other shop at least try to recoup the cost plus more for this crap they pull. Hell, if it could be criminal, I would press charges too. But go for their license so they can't pull this crap to others. I think you have enough to win with the amount of time they had your car and now what Mach1 found. Take their shop down. So sorry Shane. You didn't need to learn this while on deployment.

northerncountry

Man oh man thats not good at all. Like Sub said Take them DOWN!! before they do this some other guy, sorry that you had to be the one this had to happen to.

Ford1288

Donator
Wow... that is ridiculous. Did your car roll into their shop perfect? Can you prove it was perfect before?

ears

hall yea take those fools down!! i say we burn em down.... ill get on a plane tomorrow!

Shane361

Other than this is my luck..I dont even know what to say. 8 month crazy Middle East deployment and this is how my money was spent. I sent this to the shop and asked him to find a way to make it rite. I do love bashing shops on the forums though and this will make for a good one. Have a feeling it will come to that and will have to get a lawyer it seems. Sorta hard to do from here. Navy lawyers cant do **** so thats out of the question.

Bill...inform me of the options. Need a block to handle a 3.4 Whipple. We gonna build this or buy it?

yosemiddysam

Donator
Man that is total Horse Dukey!!!!! I would be sooooo pissed at them right now. They knew they had issues other wise they would not have kept your car so long nor tried to have you keep it there. I would sue the piss out of them.

Mach1Marauder

Other than this is my luck..I dont even know what to say. 8 month crazy Middle East deployment and this is how my money was spent. I sent this to the shop and asked him to find a way to make it rite. I do love bashing shops on the forums though and this will make for a good one. Have a feeling it will come to that and will have to get a lawyer it seems. Sorta hard to do from here. Navy lawyers cant do **** so thats out of the question.

Bill...inform me of the options. Need a block to handle a 3.4 Whipple. We gonna build this or buy it?

Well..........IF you want to have a 3.4 whipple on top and run it even JUST IN TO it's efficiency range, it's gonna cost ya a bunch of $$$ for the supporting mods that must be done.

New block.......yours is poop
New HEads.........they are poop too

Aluminator COULD work, but I'd want to stud it with ARP and change the rod bolts to ARP 2000 and at least COMP Stage II cams....fully safe to 720-750RWHP

Return style fuel system is MANDITORY at this level. I don't care what anyone says or has heard about what CAN be done with a returnless fuel system. To keep and engine alive with a returnless fuel system, you have to jack the baseline pressure to the sky to ensure that when you whack it, the fuel will be there and not to mention the stumble when you get out of the throttle suddenly....along with the fuel pressure spikes and blown fuel pressure sensors! LOL!

I can't remember if the tranny has an upgraded input shaft, but that would be needed and since the current clutch sucks and would have to be changed, a Zoom twin disc would be the clutch of choice for holding the power and ease of engagement with a VERY light pedal feel.

Shane
I've sent ya an email with the estimate for an Aluminator, but I'm sending you another option, since you seem to want to explore the 3.4 Whipple option. I'll honor the price on the Whipple if I'm able to stay at Whipple's best rate.

northerncountry

Thats alot of info Thanks Mach1 I am going to say the the tag is going to be close to 16k am I right or in the ball park?

Mach1Marauder

Thats alot of info Thanks Mach1 I am going to say the the tag is going to be close to 16k am I right or in the ball park?

I haven't put it all to paper, but that's in the ball park.

I'm just pissed that I didn't even have a damn shortblock to work with!:nonono:

I'm just imagining the car Shane would have if he could have spent the money here from the beginning.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Something needs to be done about that shop. This is total BS for what they did and to top it off to a guy deployed to a combat zone. Those guys totally took advantage of his situation. This is BS!!!!

Shane361

Got this when I woke this morning from Danny one of the guys that worked with me at the Lethal in San Antonio. Nice guy..but thats doesnt make it rite. 16 grand is def out of my budget...we will talk Bill..thanks..-Shane

Shane
Call me asap! This guy that you have working on your car ,sounds like he does not know a whole lot . This is what concerns me-SOMETHING has went thru the engine.........maybe ground strap in the past?
SUPER deep groove in one cylinder ........from I don't know what This is impossible because if something went thru the engine, it would still be in the cylinder, and it is impossible for something to go thru the throttle body, blower, and thru the intercooler. The blower would be ****ed and ground up pieces of whatever would be sitting on top of the intercooler. This sounds to me like You and I both got ****ed by Kotzur, but he is going to HAVE to do something about this!

PLease don't come at me like I did this to you intentially. I have had 100 percent faith in Kotzur, and when he built your engine,he did it from top to bottom, all I had to do was put the blower on. With that being said, I did not know he did this shitty job so I apologize. I have never done you wrong and you know it.

AS far as pistons being damaged, I think it detonated and damaged the pistons. This is why I did not want you to take the car being that it was incomplete!

Mach1Marauder

Got this when I woke this morning from Danny one of the guys that worked with me at the Lethal in San Antonio. Nice guy..but thats doesnt make it rite. 16 grand is def out of my budget...we will talk Bill..thanks..-Shane

Shane
Call me asap! This guy that you have working on your car ,sounds like he does not know a whole lot . This is what concerns me-SOMETHING has went thru the engine.........maybe ground strap in the past?
SUPER deep groove in one cylinder ........from I don't know what This is impossible because if something went thru the engine, it would still be in the cylinder, and it is impossible for something to go thru the throttle body, blower, and thru the intercooler. The blower would be ****ed and ground up pieces of whatever would be sitting on top of the intercooler. This sounds to me like You and I both got ****ed by Kotzur, but he is going to HAVE to do something about this!

PLease don't come at me like I did this to you intentially. I have had 100 percent faith in Kotzur, and when he built your engine,he did it from top to bottom, all I had to do was put the blower on. With that being said, I did not know he did this shitty job so I apologize. I have never done you wrong and you know it.

AS far as pistons being damaged, I think it detonated and damaged the pistons. This is why I did not want you to take the car being that it was incomplete!

What fuggin retard sent you that bullsheit?:nonono:

Mach1Marauder

What part of this ONE THOUGHT doesn't the dork understand?......SOMETHING has went thru the engine.........maybe ground strap in the past?